Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

2 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Nobody here have been talking about Newcastle. They’re only 13 points behind and have a favourable run in.

They'd have to basically win almost every single remaining game to overtake us, and that's assuming we barely pick up any more points.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

No. That's just mental.

Yet Man U who are 12 points behind with a worse goal difference are in the conversation?

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

They'd have to basically win almost every single remaining game to overtake us, and that's assuming we barely pick up any more points.

Two of these are Utd and Spurs so they'd be doing us a favour at the same time.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I'm worried we might finish 10th guys, nobody is talking about Chelsea who are only 17 points behind us with three games in hand.

Who are there 3 games in hand against? Spurs one of them?

6 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Yet Man U who are 12 points behind with a worse goal difference are in the conversation?

United have to play one more game than Newcastle. At this stage of the season it can make quite a difference.

I've just been on a results predictor and i've been quite harsh with our predictions and quite generous with Newcastle/Chelsea/Man Utd and I still have them finishing below us. I had us at 66 points, Spurs were 4th on 67. 

1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I’m gutted that we threw the City now. Playing a second string against city required nothing less than a win a Brentford. 

If we played our first team we still would have lost. Phil Foden was enough to beat whatever team we put out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I’m gutted that we threw the City now. Playing a second string against city required nothing less than a win a Brentford. 

Yep, we should have went strong and beat City at the Etihad like we always do.

• Haha 2

Just now, duke313 said:

Yep, we should have went strong and beat City at the Etihad like we always do.

Should have gone further and played the U21 team then with that attitude. Shall we give Arsenal a 3-0 walkover now to save time? It’s madness to me to give up a chance at points at this stage of the season. 

Who cares what other teams do and  hypothetical scenarios, just focus on the next game. Let’s just enjoy and trust Emery and we will finish where we deserve to finish to come seasons end.  

Edited by thabucks

Can we get 9 points to match my prediction at the 25 games played mark? I’m slightly less confident after today! Six to play and two of those are guaranteed defeats now that we have reverted back to type.