Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Won't be sealed at all.

There will still be 30 points to play for. 3 - 5 points is pretty easy to swing with just 2 - 3 games of dropped and gained points.

It would be 8 points over 11 games. At this end of the table, that is not an easy swing at all.

6 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Our games against Liverpool, City and Arsenal still make me nervous. 

Spurs have West Ham, Newcastle, man City and Arsenal in April 

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It would be 8 points over 11 games. At this end of the table, that is not an easy swing at all.

They have a game in hand though so closer to 6 points really. I think we will have enough to finish 4th but it might be that they're above us for a game or two along the way. We are in the box seat with points on the board.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, turvontour said:

They have a game in hand though so closer to 6 points really. I think we will have enough to finish 4th but it might be that they're above us for a game or two along the way. We are in the box seat with points on the board.

That's why I said 8 points over 11 games. We'd have 10 games, they'd have 11.

The match thread on the Spurs forum for our game is mental.  I've never seen a fanbase so rattled by us before, 3 points for us would be lovely.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The match thread on the Spurs forum for our game is mental.  I've never seen a fanbase so rattled by us before, 3 points for us would be lovely.

Pin it on the dressing room.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

90 % of it revolves around Matty Cash

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Wasn't the original plan 12 games? 8 is still far too many. In another 5 years it will go up to 10 no doubt.

Isn't 8 just 2 extra games to what it currently is? Plus you face 8 different teams and not the same 3 teams twice. Pros and cons to that as it means we likely won't play at the Bernabeus and Camp Nous until we get to Real and Barca levels, but it also means a nice variety of grounds to visit 

Yes, what a bizarre bunch they are: https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/aston-villa-v-tottenham-hotspur-sunday-10th-march.49044/page-20

Not mentioning the advocating of violence against Cash which makes me think some of their fans have a screw loose, they also seem to think they have much better players than us and that their injuries are why they are lower in the table than they should be (not mentioning how bad Villa's injuries have been of course and the fact most of their players have been fit for weeks now).

Think they're very delusional if they don't think Martinez, Pau Torres, Luiz, Bailey and Watkins don't walk into their side if you ask me. Only players from them that would definitely get in our side are Son, Maddison and the full backs IMO, but we're all a bit biased I guess.

There are some decent comments on there too with some nice things to say about us, but some of their fans really are muppets.

Edited by Leeroy

38 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

So, we need Real Madrid to knock out Leipzig and Sporting to beat Atalanta from todays games I think. 

more so the German teams. Italy have a decent lead, but it won’t hurt for them to lose. Germany are the ones we need to overtake 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pinebro said:

90 % of it revolves around Matty Cash

I know a spurs guy who desperately wants Romero to injure Cash badly enough to force him to retire. Poor guy has lost his mind over it.

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I know a spurs guy who desperately wants Romero to injure Cash badly enough to force him to retire. Poor guy has lost his mind over it.

My in-laws are Spurs fans and they had the strangest reaction to that Cash challenge.

My Father-in-law, who is a physicist, a lecturer, and an all round wonderful human was absolutely appalled at Cash’s challenge on Bentancur. Said he “knew exactly what he was doing” and that he’d aimed to injure him.

Absolutely baffling.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

My in-laws are Spurs fans and they had the strangest reaction to that Cash challenge.

My Father-in-law, who is a physicist, a lecturer, and an all round wonderful human was absolutely appalled at Cash’s challenge on Bentancur. Said he “knew exactly what he was doing” and that he’d aimed to injure him.

Absolutely baffling.

It’s very strange.

However, I just fired on a Spurs podcast on Mattie Cash one of the guests said “bad challenge but it wasn’t a red”. They’re not all mental about it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We the fans can play a massive part in us beating Spurs. 

Might me difficult with the early kick off but if ever a 12th man was needed….

We will be more influential in our run in than i feel will be given credit to.

Atmosphere is so important.

Say we lose to Spurs, and Ajax knock us out..

We then for whatever reason struggle for points against WHU, WW and MC.

How do you think the noise and experience will be from a crowd perspective?

Pivotal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Real Madrid have knocked out RB Leipzig. One less German team in Europe. 

Man City through. We must be in 2nd place now. 

Only 4 German teams adding points to their total now. Every win is divided by 7 (original amout of German teams in the competitions). We've got 6 left with 8 that were there originally. If we can somehow get all 6 through to the next round then it means we have more teams gathering points and we will over take Germany in no time. 

Premier league will get the 5th place. People are stressing with them currently being 3rd but 4 teams haven’t even played yet. I see Brighton and West Ham going all out in Europa. City will probably win champs league. Liverpool will probably win Europa with kids.   Then there is us and Arsenal too.

5th is in the bag and Spurs can celebrate it. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa