Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

In all fairness the loss of Shaw and Hojlund  completely derailed them v Fulham. As we know, you can’t plan for that shit.

It did, but they haven't played well for a while. Luton and us should have beaten them in the two games before them

• Like 2

I put some predictions together prior to the Brentford away game that had us finishing on 74 points. Based on the results since we are now tracking for 71 points - mainly down to the draw against Sheff United and loss against Newcastle. I've got us down for the following:

Home

Spurs - D
Wolves - D
Brentford - W
Bournemouth - W
Chelsea - W
Liverpool - L

Away

Luton - W
West Ham - D
Man City - L
Arsenal - L
Brighton - 1
Crystal Palace - W

I think that's pretty realistic rather than optimistic. Going to be tight for 4th but should be more than enough to get 5th.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, omariqy said:

I put some predictions together prior to the Brentford away game that had us finishing on 74 points. Based on the results since we are now tracking for 71 points - mainly down to the draw against Sheff United and loss against Newcastle. I've got us down for the following:

Home

Spurs - D
Wolves - D
Brentford - W
Bournemouth - W
Chelsea - W
Liverpool - L

Away

Luton - W
West Ham - D
Man City - L
Arsenal - L
Brighton - 1
Crystal Palace - W

I think that's pretty realistic rather than optimistic. Going to be tight for 4th but should be more than enough to get 5th.

71 is locked in for 5th. Probably 4th too.

United would need to win 9/10 games out of 12 to catch up. Not happening. Brighton would need to win 11/12. Also not happening.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

We are not in a million years catching City and Arsenal. If anything we’d do well to maintain the current gap. Hopefully city stuff man utd 10-0 to leave their season completely in tatters and we can then confirm it’s just us v spurs in the race for fourth. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, omariqy said:

Home

Spurs - D
Wolves - D
Brentford - W
Bournemouth - W
Chelsea - W
Liverpool - L

Away

Luton - W
West Ham - D
Man City - L
Arsenal - L
Brighton - 1
Crystal Palace - W

We have to beat Wolves at home!!

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

If we had held on against United and beaten Sheffield United then would be in the hunt but not now. 

which game?.....both.

48 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

We have to beat Wolves at home!!

I think its about time we gave them a proper game....one that we are capable of.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think its about time we gave them a proper game....one that we are capable of.

It really is about time, really don't know what this voodoo spell they have over us is!!

Edited by zab6359
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

We are not in a million years catching City and Arsenal. If anything we’d do well to maintain the current gap. Hopefully city stuff man utd 10-0 to leave their season completely in tatters and we can then confirm it’s just us v spurs in the race for fourth. 

Definitely not million years, we have a chance catching both, ofcourse we shall win at Luton first. Can we maintain that? It will be a huge ask. 
If we win against Luton then Spurs, I’d look up the table, and hopefully do a historic run. Not likely but we’ve won 8 out of 10 last season. 
City has tough run of games which ends playing against us. 
Just keep winning and see where it takes us. We need to secure CL first, but why not have a push? 
The thing is we shall not put it as a priority like CL or UECL. But if we found ourselves winning then just go for it.

Our CB pairing for luton is likely to be Lenglet and Chambers ….

When was the last time city lost that many points in a title run in under Guardiola? I’ll give you a clue - never. We would literally have to win every single game to have a chance and that’s not happening in a million years. 

Our first fight is to secure fourth. Our second is to win the Conference. After that third would be amazing but many are significantly underestimating how hard the run in is going to be because of Europa and our injuries. 

• Like 4

Wolves are our 2a boogey man after United.

Have to go back to Dec 12, 2020 on a 90th minute El Ghazi penalty for our last win over the dogheads.

Since 2010, we have 5W-6D-8L in all comps against them.

If we get 3 points over Wolves, I might start believing in UCL then.

23 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

This is the best scenario now, City thump Utd further widening the GD gap 

Edited by beasley14

Crystal Palace nick at least a point,

Man City continue on their merry way,

We do our job...

all will happen in the next 38 hours