Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

We could still do with a current seed going out before the group stage as it also affects the potential group stage pots - I think we were 2nd top of Pot 3, so one seed higher than us not making the groups would bump us into Pot 2 and give us an easier group

5 hours ago, Ceemo said:

Juventus statement accepts UEFA's decision.

image.png.ba780b68c6d127dac82a3dbd024d089d.png

On 09/07/2023 at 12:57, sidcow said:

I know Italian Football is famously corrupt but it's a bit brazen to go to print that Juventus have already qualified for Europe NEXT seaon

Is it just me? They are AGAIN talking about next seasons Champions League as if they've already qualified?

Our eventual participation, not our possible participation. 

Is this not weird? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Is it just me? They are AGAIN talking about next seasons Champions League as if they've already qualified?

Is this not weird? 

They finished 4th this season and would have competed in the CL if not for the 10 pts reduction. 

It is more than likely that they will finish in the top 4 next season, however I get your point, it is arrogant to assume, but that's why they disregarded the FFP, they believe they have a divine right to compete in the CL.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Apoel please.

Any excuse to go home.

Other than that the beer team sounds good just for the cool name

I'm the guy who was boring enough to look this up, so I've now learned that 'Beer' (normally written 'be'er') means 'well' (as in 'hole in the ground you get water from', not as in 'good') and 'sheba' or 'sheva' means 7, so 'the seventh well'. 

Actually sod that, it's better just to imagine it means beer isn't it. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Do we have 21 coefficient points just because we're a Premier League team or from when we last qualified under MON?

Villa’s coefficient is determined by the sum of all points won in the previous five years, which is zero, so then calculated on the PL coefficient over the same period.

• Thanks 1

So can we actually draw Fiorentina? or is it just teams coming through the earlier rounds. Fiorentina and Osasuna prob two teams from the unseeded side I'd not like to play. 

We all want Rapid Vienna like is there a Villa fan alive who doesn't want them for revenge?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So can we actually draw Fiorentina? or is it just teams coming through the earlier rounds. Fiorentina and Osasuna prob two teams from the unseeded side I'd not like to play. 

We all want Rapid Vienna like is there a Villa fan alive who doesn't want them for revenge?

I want rapid vienna for that reason alone.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

Is this not weird? 

Probably sent the final brown envelope for their place last weekend 

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Anyone know what time the draw is next Monday and if its televised?

It's live on the UEFA website, but not checked when it ois