Midweek Football 15/18 May

andykeenan

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

They were always going down, doubt Deano was bothered, hardly the fireman though is he.

Organized arguably the greatest escape story in premier league history.

Just now, Pinebro said:

Not on Smith at all.

Brendan created a toxic environment and board left it too late to change it.

Smith needed more time to change it.

I'm not sure he could have changed it, he might have blagged another year out of it but he wouldn't have turned it around long term

Heads have gone, this squad shouldn't be anywhere near relegation

Maddison and Barnes showing they're not players I'd like us to sniff around this summer, done nothing

Just now, jim said:

Both were onside, VAR is shit but nothing wrong here. Not sure why all the wailing.

Agreed. I still think VAR is corrupt and even if they had been offside they'd have found a way to make them onside.

In this case,  they got the decisions right, but that's only because they favoured Liverpool anyway.

Leicester are playing right into Liverpool's hands by trying to go toe to toe regards the tempo. It only works if you have good off the ball movement when in possession and they don't.

For the second goal, they showed the first freeze frame and Liverpool were offside. Then they ran it back a few frames (correctly) and he was just onside.

It was the correct decision, the first one was after the pass but it shows that the technology can be manipulated.

Emery won't have us falling into the trap if playing at Liverpool's tempo. We'll frustrate and slow the game down. Leicester are playing to the pressure of the crowd and playing a higher tempo than they should.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm not sure he could have changed it, he might have blagged another year out of it but he wouldn't have turned it around long term

Heads have gone, this squad shouldn't be anywhere near relegation

Maddison and Barnes showing they're not players I'd like us to sniff around this summer, done nothing

As good as he is, Maddison is a total waste of time.

The most Tottenham player you'll ever find. Very lucky to be mentioned in the same breath as Grealish as a player a few years ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Leicester are playing right into Liverpool's hands by trying to go toe to toe regards the tempo. It only works if you have good off the ball movement when in possession and they don't.

To be fair this isn’t the game that will decide leicesters fate it’s those disgusting performance against Leeds and Everton that will probably do for them. Both those teams have awful awful squads not fit for the premier league where as Leicester have a squad maybe with the exception of farce at centre back that shouldn’t be getting relegated. I didn’t see the Leeds game because I was at our game against Fulham but the Everton game they played like a side in the beach already completely lacking energy. If I was there supporters I’d be fuming although to be fair they have won the premier league and fa cup in the last 7 years so maybe they shouldn’t complain too much

Just now, villa4europe said:

Theres Southgate ready to name Curtis Jones to the next England squad after his great run of about 6 games

Barnes and Maddison in the squad as well then 😉

25 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think both goals are onside, not too sure where the corruption is meant to be?

Edit:  I guess the second one is close, but the first goal is miles onside.

The angles they showed both looked offside 

Any club that scores them against liverpool will get them taken off 100%

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

The angles they showed both looked offside 

Any club that scores them against liverpool will get them taken off 100%

Mate, the first is absolutely miles on.  It'd be corruption to see that chalked off :D 

Â