Weekends Football 13/14 May

andykeenan

How is that not a penalty by Pickford on Haaland.  I honestly don’t understand what a penalty is these days….add that to the list of handball and offsides.

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Leicester have got no money and will be losing there best players weather they stay up or not, I'd wouldn't bet on them not struggling next season, especially under Smith.

but at least they will be able to reinvest that money in PL quality, plus get top dollar for those players if they stay up. everton have no money and no decent players to sell

Just now, tomav84 said:

the PL title race will go to the final day you'd think. want to bet on brentford taking something off city when they need a win to secure the title? i wouldn't

plus it means us losing both games. brentford are zero threat to us IMO

Realistically we could easily lose both games; we failed to beat either team in the reverse fixtures and took 1 point from a possible 6 there. Yes we're a bit better now, but so are both Brighton and Liverpool.

It's not a totally mad proposition that Brentford could do better in their remaining fixtures than us in ours. It's as likely as not, in my eyes.

Just now, est1874 said:

Realistically we could easily lose both games; we failed to beat either team in the reverse fixtures and took 1 point from a possible 6 there. Yes we're a bit better now, but so are both Brighton and Liverpool.

It's not a totally mad proposition that Brentford could do better in their remaining fixtures than us in ours. It's as likely as not, in my eyes.

We beat Brighton

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

We won at Brighton.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

we beat brighton?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We beat Brighton

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

We won at Brighton.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

we beat brighton?

Did 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' Recreate the 'Spideys Pointing ...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

we beat brighton?

Ah yes, you are correct. I was looking at the last time we played them which was the friendly in December during the world cup (2-2). Nevermind then all is well, we're finishing 7th 🤣

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Put a bet on it, you will easily get odds of over 40/1 on Brentford winning their next 2 and us losing ours. 

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Partly that, partly Coventry are basically Millwall-lite in the way they play.  Set up with a back 5 and 4 in front then aim to counter.  Fair play, they've done incredibly well this season, but they're a fairly dull side to watch.

O'Hare's been a big miss otherwise they'd play through the thirds a bit more patiently. Been out since Boxing day.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Our game plan was to nullify traore and we did a proper number on him, didn't get a sniff

Yes Hutton did a great job on him over both legs.

Trouble is Bruce in his usual wisdom thought what would work for Boro managed by Pulis would also be ideal for Fulham with a completely different style in the final and we got found out big time in the first half of that.

Hard to believe that game was less than five years ago.

36 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

but at least they will be able to reinvest that money in PL quality, plus get top dollar for those players if they stay up. everton have no money and no decent players to sell

They'll sell Onana and Pickford for about 50m combined I bet. 

Â