Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

If you have no faith in the upper mgmt, HR and/or the whistleblowing policy at your company, then I can see how you wouldn't trust the official channels. Some parts might have sounded petty, but the accusations of lay offs being made illegality showed no such pettiness, but rather outright concern to me.

Sure, but conversely I doubt lack of due diligence is the reason for all bad CEOs. Sometimes you think something will work out the way you think and it doesn't too. Due diligence isn't a guarantee that the best decision will be made, although in theory it should.

I doubt Heck has had the time to touch HR or any policies at the club. The policies prior to Heck’s appointment most likely are still in place, funny how there is suddenly a problem with them when change is occurring. To say the owners aren’t aware of the day to day within the club is misleading.

20 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Sorry, I wasn't having a go at you personally but there seems to be some kind of effort of protectionism in this thread. I don't see why FWIW, Heck has done nothing to deserve any benefit of the doubt, in his time here it's the opposite if anything. 

No worries. I’ve read several pages and I honestly didn’t see much protectionism at all. More of how he is very disliked.

I agree something isn’t right about him at all but you cant deny that the the club is currently very poor in the area he has come in to approve and has been for years.  So it was always going to be a very difficult job. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I doubt Heck has had the time to touch HR or any policies at the club. The policies prior to Heck’s appointment most likely are still in place, funny how there is suddenly a problem with them when change is occurring. To say the owners aren’t aware of the day to day within the club is misleading.

Maybe they weren't that great to begin with? All I'm saying is that there could be reason that whomever released this had no faith in such policies. Also if they believe that Heck is breaking UK employment laws, then is it really hard to believe that they wouldn't trust him not to break internal policies?

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Maybe they weren't that great to begin with? All I'm saying is that there could be reason that whomever released this had no faith in such policies. Also if they believe that Heck is breaking UK employment laws, then is it really hard to believe that they wouldn't trust him not to break internal policies?

I’m happy to be proved wrong, just sounds like excuses to me as you can go to govt and complain laws are being broken, you could go to the media, hire a lawyer, etc, but they choose to dump it anonymously on social media? Loses sincerity with me the way it was done.

23 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I’m happy to be proved wrong, just sounds like excuses to me as you can go to govt and complain laws are being broken, you could go to the media, hire a lawyer, etc, but they choose to dump it anonymously on social media? Loses sincerity with me the way it was done.

Getting to employment tribunal thanks to the current government under resourcing courts takes about two years. 

Imagine that the club will seek to settle with people they've illegally dismissed. But if this is indicative of his style, it's not just abbrasive it is illegal. It's a real cause for concern, and shows a very blase approach from seniors at the club, you can make an omelette without throwing the eggs at your employees. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Two trains are driving toward one another. The first train leaves Town A at 5am traveling at 60 miles per hour. The second train leaves Town B at 7am traveling at 70 miles per hour. the distance between Town A and Town B is 455 miles.

What is the EXACT time that the collision will occur?

Ok math isn't my strongest point, but 3 hours, 24 minutes and 22½ seconds?

edit: oops, I can't read apparently. Missed the times and assumed they left at the same time XD. They collide after 4 hrs, 34 minutes and 37 seconds.

Edited by osmark86

Ben Hatton is also named in this, and he is British, and has high level English Football football experience.

Ironically not getting a fraction of the focus as it doesn't suit the narrative. ( Or just because he simply isn't known enough ). However he's the actual Chief OPERATING Officer, meaning he would actually be more hands on than Chris Heck I think. ( He is essentially in Purslows position, with Heck above him in a higher, newly created position)

HE'd be the one doing the actual implementing whilst liaising with Heck and reporting.

The more I look at it, the more hard I find it to believe that such qualified people with pedigree could be this stupid.

I'm not insinuating that they haven't committed infractions which need to be looked at, but I'm slightly leaning towards bitter ex employees and people who were in their comfort zone who aren't pleased with a shakeup, change or sharp standard raise requirements etc.

Could of course be totally wrong but just trying to process scenarios which would lead to this.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Lot of evidence that very senior people in business have psychopathic tendancies.

We used to have a director where I worked who was a nightmare, reduced some staff to tears, lots of good people left because of this person who had no empathy or understanding of the business.

Not saying Heck if is like this, but "no smoke without fire"?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Two trains are driving toward one another. The first train leaves Town A at 5am traveling at 60 miles per hour. The second train leaves Town B at 7am traveling at 70 miles per hour. the distance between Town A and Town B is 455 miles.

There will not be a collision as they will be on different tracks, you never said they were on the same track......do I win my £5 prize?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Well if it is true about the resignation paypackets being withheld etc. Then I can understand why the employees might not be so trusting of HR and the Legal team especially when Heck and Hatton seemed to have gone over their head when restructuring the organisation. 

If the legal processes that are established by the country aren't being followed how can the employees expect that HR or Legal will protect them from retaliation or sacking before they cna get new jobs. 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a whistleblowing policy that's worth the paper it's written on tbh, especially when it's the big boss you're blowing the whistle on.

So true, in any company/organisation HR is not there for benefit of the employee's! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If they're on the same track, 9:34 and about 37 seconds.

But trains don't usually travel on the same track in opposite directions. 

Edited by MrBlack

Â