Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

10 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

And it makes us feel better, having a place to blow off steam about stuff that we care passionately about.  Far better than screaming at the sky....  and for the record, he's an American-version of Xia, not the actual one... 😉  

Heck also has a fake doctorate from Peking University 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Caravella82 said:

Cancelled the North Stand plans to get the Theme park back on track!

wise-thinking.gif

He'll turn those two support columns on the north stand into a free-fall ride, do a massive water slide off the upper tier of the stand and turn the executive boxes into a giant tank with dolphins and killer whales.  The roller coasters will replace Villa Live in the car park.  The warehouse will become the food court.  Just you watch! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FLVillan said:

He'll turn those two support columns on the north stand into a free-fall ride, do a massive water slide off the upper tier of the stand and turn the executive boxes into a giant tank with dolphins and killer whales.  The roller coasters will replace Villa Live in the car park.  The warehouse will become the food court.  Just you watch! 

Villa Park is built on the site of an old aquarium isn't it? It's perfect. 

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yep and we are now back to competing with the big fish in the league

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

I find it funny how Heck (like Purslow before him) is to blame for all the things we don’t like, but NSWE are behind everything positive and good. It seems they are bulletproof from criticism from 99% of the fan base. This isn’t meant to necessarily be a negative post about NSWE as I think they have been tremendously successful since their purchase of the club, but I think people are being incredibly naive if they don’t think that any of the decisions made or things put into place that they disapprove of haven’t had the full blessing of Nas & Wes.

If someone is responsible for a crest and we think it is poor then we blame that person. If they are also responsible for implementing a badly thought out money grab, with terrace view and lower grounds, then we blame that person. Starting to get the theme? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

I find it funny how Heck (like Purslow before him) is to blame for all the things we don’t like, but NSWE are behind everything positive and good. It seems they are bulletproof from criticism from 99% of the fan base. This isn’t meant to necessarily be a negative post about NSWE as I think they have been tremendously successful since their purchase of the club, but I think people are being incredibly naive if they don’t think that any of the decisions made or things put into place that they disapprove of haven’t had the full blessing of Nas & Wes.

When you hire someone to do a specific job you have to let them have the scope to do that job.  He was put into place to handle the business side of the club and therefore the responsibility and accountability that goes with it.  They will be watching this situation with more than just a passing interest, but they won't interfere unless they see the situation spiraling. Like the Gerrard situation for example. 

They will give Heck enough rope to either do a decent job or hang himself.  If he somehow gets the fans back on side and our commercial revenue goes through the roof he will have fulfilled his remit.  If however, his commercial gains are marginal and he is universally disliked by the fans, then they will make a change.

One thing we have seen consistently from NSWE is a lack of drama - even when Pitarch ran his mouth in the media claiming to represent the views of the club, they waited until the end of the season before sacking him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

If someone is responsible for a crest and we think it is poor then we blame that person. If they are also responsible for implementing a badly thought out money grab, with terrace view and lower grounds, then we blame that person. Starting to get the theme? 

Heck and Purslow will be following orders from The Board to do everything to increase income.

Major changes to Stands and changes to the structure of a facility like The Holte Suite will 100% be discussed at board level and authorised by the board. 

No way do NSWE not agree with what's been done. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

The pitch was built over an ornamental fish pond  called Dovehouse pool.

26 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I still think cancelling redevelopment is the most short sighted thing we have done since NSWE bought us.

I am sure if Villa could issue 120 million pounds worth of bonds to fifty thousand Villa supporters at 2 % interest over twenty years, Heck would be eternally grateful and would have the North Stand torn down lickety split.

8 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I still think cancelling redevelopment is the most short sighted thing we have done since NSWE bought us.

Agree

Which leads me to believe there's a whole lot to it that we don't know, it's not as simple as the answer that they gave us 

They've given us an easy short sighted answer and kept the long sighted one to themselves 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

NSWE had nothing to do with Terrace View, Lower Grounds or the crest design?

8 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

It hasn't been cancelled.

Delaying the demolition of the North Stand has been the best decision made by the club in 2023

21 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Signed us with Adidas and created a new beautiful gold badge. 

Heck in 

The badge is TBC. We’ve got one small snippet of it looking a bit better than before. All other indications are it will be shit. 

All will be revealed at the… erm… reveal

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FLVillan said:

When you hire someone to do a specific job you have to let them have the scope to do that job.  He was put into place to handle the business side of the club and therefore the responsibility and accountability that goes with it.  They will be watching this situation with more than just a passing interest, but they won't interfere unless they see the situation spiraling. Like the Gerrard situation for example. 

They will give Heck enough rope to either do a decent job or hang himself.  If he somehow gets the fans back on side and our commercial revenue goes through the roof he will have fulfilled his remit.  If however, his commercial gains are marginal and he is universally disliked by the fans, then they will make a change.

One thing we have seen consistently from NSWE is a lack of drama - even when Pitarch ran his mouth in the media claiming to represent the views of the club, they waited until the end of the season before sacking him. 

NSWE are responsible for the people they hire. The buck stops with them for everything. I agree with the original post - they are weirdly bullet proof on here. I love the bulk of what they have done and I am forever grateful, but the current shambles off the pitch is  on them. 

Â