Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

27 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I wouldn't say it's exciting, it's big.

I’m pretty excited by it as it’s not something we have had beforeΒ 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Hmm… Liverpool went to court to get their deal with NB cancelled and move to Nike… on the grounds that it was more financially favourable over the long term???

NB actually offered more money than (Β£40m) Nike’s yearly offer (Β£30m) in 2019…

On a marketing level, it’s wasn’t comparable and Nike was deemed much more lucrative in that sense and over the long term…

wow…

Β 

Β 

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I’m pretty excited by it as it’s not something we have had beforeΒ 

Ohh… no Nike then…

must be Adidas or Puma….

8 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Kits were universally condemned by Liverpool fans and players alike as utter shiteΒ 

Well… I’ve just read an article where they prefer the NB designs to what Nike have been producing πŸ˜‚

πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

I guess β€œglobal reach” is really important and something we may not fully consider…

the Liverpool example is just one…

to get kits and merchandise available in more n more countries rather than being limited in that sense… eg. Not just here and the US but in places like Asia too…

there are different levels of how lucrative a brand and its reach can be, over time…

I would assume/suggest that Nike and Adidas are the β€œpowerhouses”… not completely sure about Puma but they should be comparable… esp considering that’s how Man City have gone with.

Unlikely that there is anyone else at that level or having that kind of reach…

Interesting…

Improving our standing and exposure worldwide increases revenue, revenue means we can spend more and are less restrained by FFP.
That means we can give Emery and his successors the tools they need for sustained success and take the chains off NSWE to really flex their financial muscle.
It also means I'm less likely to have to see Man fecking City merchandise in every shop in Birmingham.

Partnering with one of the giants makes that easier. So be it. Adidas it is then. Probably.

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I guess β€œglobal reach” is really important and something we may not fully consider…

the Liverpool example is just one…

to get kits and merchandise available in more n more countries rather than being limited in that sense… eg. Not just here and the US but in places like Asia too…

there are different levels of how lucrative a brand and its reach can be, over time…

I would assume/suggest that Nike and Adidas are the β€œpowerhouses”… not completely sure about Puma but they should be comparable… esp considering that’s how Man City have gone with.

Unlikely that there is anyone else at that level or having that kind of reach…

Interesting…

This is what Fanatics do - they're the people who sell shirts for most of the biggest global brands - in terms of online, they're the one - in terms of sports merchandising powerhouses, they're possibly the biggest out there - largely because as well as the other stuff they own, Β most of the sports merchandise stuff with a Nike logo on it is actually sold by Fanatics.

What they lack is a high street presence (because it's not particularly profitable) and that's what Nike or Adidas would bring. In fairness, it's probable that if it's Nike, the shirts will still be manufactured and sold through Fanatics, unless you actually buy them from a physical Nike store - I have a feeling that Nike don't tend to do as much manufacturing as some of the other big brands.

It'll be interesting to see how a change to one of the bigger suppliers affects that relationship with Fanatics given that they have the contractual rights to selling our shirt, and how the changeover will work - whether we'd simply buy out the Fanatics contract and they'd then have to approach the new sponsor to sell our merchandise, or whether Fanatics would put in place something whereby the new manufacturer pays them for the right to sell our shirts. Our relationship with Fanatics is so opaque, it's difficult to tell.

Β 

• Thanks 1

It's not Nike or Adidas, it won't be Puma, so it's most probably New Balance. New Balance have become massive in recent years, they're not just a smash hit on the sports field, but they're also all the rage for every day wear

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Improving our standing and exposure worldwide increases revenue, revenue means we can spend more and are less restrained by FFP.
That means we can give Emery and his successors the tools they need for sustained success and take the chains off NSWE to really flex their financial muscle.
It also means I'm less likely to have to see Man fecking City merchandise in every shop in Birmingham.

Partnering with one of the giants makes that easier. So be it. Adidas it is then. Probably.

So we could finally play n compete with the β€œbig boys”?

4 minutes ago, useless said:

It's not Nike or Adidas, it won't be Puma, so it's most probably New Balance. New Balance have become massive in recent years, they're not just a smash hit on the sports field, but they're also all the rage for every day wear

Why is it not Adidas?

Because Omar said he's excited by whoever it is, but I think he's too cool to be excited by Adidas and their similar looking kits

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I'm hoping it's Adidas, not sure Nike would sponsor us and blues?

Pretty sure they don't sponsor blues. Pretty sure blues buy their kits off them πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

• Haha 1