Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

Sweat wicking has been around for 2 decades plus. This isn't something new. I buy my son's a home kit every year but I'm out this time. I can't support our players running around in these abominations. 

1 hour ago, Risso said:

I'll defer to Rob's expertise on this, but surely who actually makes the shirt is down to Castore? I can't imagine we have a shirt design contract, and then a separate shirt manufacture contract? Surely it's all on Castore just to design and then gets the shirts made?

I thought with Fantatics they make all the shirt tat and the manufacturer just slaps their name on it?  As Luke Roper never actually designed his villa shirt did he?

It really is the most bizarre situation and it really can’t be helping the players. They’ve got to be conscious of how wet they are, and that’s got to be restrictive. Anyone that’s ever been caught in a downpour, fell into a body of water, sweated profusely or entered a wet T-shirt competition will know how heavy clothing feels when wet. 
Plus it looks really shit at a time when we’re meant to be at our recent best. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Risso said:

I'll defer to Rob's expertise on this, but surely who actually makes the shirt is down to Castore? I can't imagine we have a shirt design contract, and then a separate shirt manufacture contract? Surely it's all on Castore just to design and then gets the shirts made?

Pretty sure they are manufactured under licence by Fanatics same as the shirts from Kappa and Luke.

It’s a sheer embarrassment. Douglas Luiz looked like he’d dived into a swimming pool 5 mins after coming on. How can a Premier League football club have such a shit standard of kit?

Why is Nassef not sorting out a deal with Adidas? Conflict of interest? I mean Man City are sponsored by Etihad Airways so surely we could have our kit manufactured by Adidas.

46 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I continue to be surprised given our ownership that we aren't with Adidas!

Castore bid more money, much more! a triple A company, only pay for triple A teams. 

The Nike Acorns kit for was a beauty, I love it. 

The shirt I love and hate is the AST / Reebok kit. That shirt got so bloody rough it almost grated off my nipples! But it's also the shirt we wore when we won our last trophy.

41 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It really is the most bizarre situation and it really can’t be helping the players. They’ve got to be conscious of how wet they are, and that’s got to be restrictive. Anyone that’s ever been caught in a downpour, fell into a body of water, sweated profusely or entered a wet T-shirt competition will know how heavy clothing feels when wet. 
Plus it looks really shit at a time when we’re meant to be at our recent best. 

You offering? 

I've never seen kits get so wet, even in hot humid countries, not after 15 mins anyway.

Utterly atrocious and embarrassing…

Cannot fathom how that shirt could even remotely be comfortable to wear…

Soaking wet and sticking to the body/skin… must be a real nuisance.

What a major mess up, something must be done asap.

Something’s got to be done… players are going to be freezing being so drenched in the cold weather too… as much/more of a concern than in hot weather…

It’s embarrassing… something that should never have been made or allowed to happen… got to be some sort of repercussions for Castore and they have to come up with a solution…. Wear the fan versions of the shirt (if they don’t have the same issue) or last seasons shirts or the training tops… anything’s better than this shite…

It’s negative exposure too…

Edited by Jas10