Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t like the pro fit though.  Ollie is trim as hell but that fit isn’t great, imagine on the average Joe it would look terrible even the leanest amongst us.

I got a feeling the replica won’t be much different. Why can’t they just make shirts that hang around the stomach like all the Adidas ones do?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hate anybody talking about getting kids sizes.  I’ve still got large tops from last 2 seasons with labels on them. In hindsight should have gone extra large. 

I completely agree…no adult down the Villa I know could get into a JXL and none of them are big or fat blokes.  My little skinny 13 year old nephew wears a JXL and it just seems a comfortable size on him.  Then I come on VT and men are talking about squeezing into them, fair play to them especially paying cheaper prices and I’m guessing this season not having to have that stupid BK8 on the front.

Edited by nick76

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I’m a slim guy - I don’t know if the JXL will fit but I’m desperate to have a shirt without the stupid betting logo on. I would just need to try it on. 

I'm wondering if our European shirts will be 'sponsorless' because it's a gambling company?

Could be the way to go if so.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Is there anything else?

Yeah, when they actually design a singular shirt for a specific club, they can make good shirts. They've been getting it right for Arsenal the last few years. I really like the boomerang type design on the first one. I love the collar with the lightning bolts on the second one. I hope we get a white collared shirt soon. And I like the neck on the third too. All very clean, IMO. I would love an Adidas Villa shirt with the old Trefoil logo!

Arsenal 2020-21 Adidas Home Kit | 20/21 Kits | Football shirt blog

adidas Men's Soccer Arsenal 22/23 Home Jersey

Arsenal Jersey 2020

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

I completely agree…no adult down the Villa I know could get into a JXL and none of them are big or fat blokes.  My little skinny 13 year old nephew wears a JXL and it just seems a comfortable size on him.  Then I come on VT and men are talking about squeezing into them, fair play to them especially paying cheaper prices and I’m guessing this season not having to have that stupid BK8 on the front.

They can wear junior shirts, I don’t have to put a box in my driver seat so I can see over the steering wheel. 

life has tradeoffs

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Yeah, when they actually design a singular shirt for a specific club, they can make good shirts. They've been getting it right for Arsenal the last few years. I really like the boomerang type design on the first one. I love the collar with the lightning bolts on the second one. I hope we get a white collared shirt soon. And I like the neck on the third too. All very clean, IMO. I would love an Adidas Villa shirt with the old Trefoil logo!

Arsenal 2020-21 Adidas Home Kit | 20/21 Kits | Football shirt blog

adidas Men's Soccer Arsenal 22/23 Home Jersey

Arsenal Jersey 2020

I like the first shirt with the boomerang pattern running through.

I like the second cause it has a collar but the design is a bit basic.

The last one seems like something from 1991.

If we ever got Adidas on board it would be interesting what they did with us. That being said, would we be allowed a kit manufactured by Adidas given Nassef has a stake in Adidas?

10 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I know their mock-ups are often done to avoid trademark issues but is that Mansion as a sleeve logo?!

found it on DHGate so this isn’t fake, at least at that level. 

I would buy this now. 

Edited by 479Villan

11 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

I know their mock-ups are often done to avoid trademark issues but is that Mansion as a sleeve logo?!

I would buy this now. 

It looks very nice, but makes me wonder what the background shown in the home kit release was.

Also makes me wonder why we let them have two colours on our home kit. As if it isn't bad enough, they've given it two colours, neither of which are in the rest of the kit. 

All I know is that if you had a booth set up in Washington DC at the end of July to sell a kit, a white one looking like that where I know I won’t ignite from the glare of the angry sun in it would get my wallet out. 

so, get on it, “Premier League Summer Series”

Edited by 479Villan

2 hours ago, 479Villan said:

I would buy this now. 

It's not Mansion it's our sponsor from last year, Kailyun or whatever.

Doesn't DHGate sell fake kits?

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I like the first shirt with the boomerang pattern running through.

I like the second cause it has a collar but the design is a bit basic.

The last one seems like something from 1991.

If we ever got Adidas on board it would be interesting what they did with us. That being said, would we be allowed a kit manufactured by Adidas given Nassef has a stake in Adidas?

We signed with Castore because Gerrard is a principle guy with them, or despite of it.

Edited by maqroll

I'm not sure how often Adidas partner with Fanatics - I know Nike do with the NFL and NBA, and I guess Adidas do, but nothing jumps to mind.

Looks like they replaced Adidas for the NHL - with Adidas removed, unlike their deal with the NFL where Fanatics make the shirts but Nike keep their logo on them.

I think (but I'm not sure) that Fanatics make ours and Castore have their logo on them, perhaps that's a type of deal that Adidas don't want to get into?

33 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's not Mansion it's our sponsor from last year, Kailyun or whatever.

Doesn't DHGate sell fake kits?

My eyes can’t tell at that level. 

but yes they do sell fakes. Though to sell a kit next to a “recognized” one gives a bit of legitimacy. 

I can tell you they aren’t 100%, of course, they have sold kits for American sports teams that have a color pattern wholly unused ever. But this? I would be intrigued by its appearance. They don’t just find a fan mock-up online and engage  Guangzhou Glorious People’s Revolution Textile and Intellectual Property Theft Factory #8 for nothing. 

Edited by 479Villan

18 hours ago, maqroll said:

I can't wait until we scrap Gerrard's Castore and the gambling sponsor. 3 more years, I guess. Then hopefully we get Adidas, and not cookie cutter Adidas. And a respectable sponsor with a cool logo.

I have several adidas’s kits of different clubs around Europe plus some International teams and they all fit well.  I’d love us to have Adidas kits. 

• Like 2