Mateu Alemany

PieFacE

Looks like he'll be available for Barcelona on a consultancy basis for this coming window as required: part of that role being that he'll continue to be the liaison between Barcelona and La Liga to ensure that they meet financial rules.

Between that and his July join date, it actually seems a bit awkward for Villa: especially as we love to wrap up our business by June nowadays. I'm sure there'll be a lot of off the books involvement from a mysterious Mr Ynamela regardless, but it goes to show just how much we seem to want this guy. His pedigree seems outstanding, especially given the situations he's been in.

The implication that Mendes facilitated this deal as well as Emery's is fascinating too: given the situation at Chelsea and how closely connected he is to Villa nowadays, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if we made another attempt at Felix...

Edited by wishywashy

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Can really see us getting Alberto Moleiro who we were linked with in January. 

Las Palmas are fifth and three points off of top. The league is very tight and they might not make promotion thus keeping his clause low. 

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Las Palmas are fifth and three points off of top. The league is very tight and they might not make promotion thus keeping his clause low. 

It is written in the stars: Wesley to score the winner in the playoff final for Levante against Las Palmas, so we can sign Moleiro on the cheap.

Funny how Moleiro was linked big-time with one other club in January: Barcelona...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

Looks like he'll be available for Barcelona on a consultancy basis for this coming window as required: part of that role being that he'll continue to be the liaison between Barcelona and La Liga to ensure that they meet financial rules.

Between that and his July join date, it actually seems a bit awkward for Villa: especially as we love to wrap up our business by June nowadays. I'm sure there'll be a lot of off the books involvement from a mysterious Mr Ynamela regardless, but it goes to show just how much we seem to want this guy. His pedigree seems outstanding, especially given the situations he's been in.

The implication that Mendes facilitated this deal as well as Emery's is fascinating too: given the situation at Chelsea and how closely connected he is to Villa nowadays, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if we made another attempt at Felix...

Same.  Especially with Emery's comments about him before we played Chelsea.  Sounds like we tried to sign him and made our inquiries, but he wanted to go to Chelsea for Champions League footy, but maybe after how much of a fookin disaster move it was for him he might want to go to a more harmonious dressing room this time around:

“We are realistic about how we can improve, how we can add players to improve our squad. Joao Felix was not totally impossible for us, but he wanted to play for a team in the Champions League,” he said.
“He has a high salary, and he plays at Chelsea on loan. Chelsea paid a lot of money for that. He’s a very good player but we were never really in the running for him.”

6 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Would be an outstanding signing to play behind Watkins. 

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

He's the director. In charge of the football side.

They will as a football club they will have a board of directors. They will want one of those directors to be in charge of and run football matters. 

In other news can someone explain what the hell a finance director does? 

Directs Finance.😀

It seems some joker had put "Notts County Director" in the Occupation box for Him on Wiki

its now been removed.....selected humour, I guess.

• Haha 1

Very sensible take from Collomosse I'd say. He's never worked in the PL before, don't go in two footed wearing a blindfold.

Signing free players on £300k a week isn't something that will work here IMO.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Very sensible take from Collomosse I'd say. He's never worked in the PL before, don't go in two footed wearing a blindfold.

He’s not replacing Lange and we aren’t going to do a Barcelona either. We are signing a vastly experienced negotiator who will help the long term growth of the club under Unai. Whatever praise Tom gives he undermines it by claiming we are throwing money at this person for the sake of it. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s not replacing Lange and we aren’t going to do a Barcelona either. We are signing a vastly experienced negotiator who will help the long term growth of the club under Unai. Whatever praise Tom gives he undermines it by claiming we are throwing money at this person for the sake of it. 

Collomoose has a source at Villa, he has leaked some big transfers first so I imagine its coming from somebody at the club

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Whatever praise Tom gives he undermines it by claiming we are throwing money at this person for the sake of it. 

Not seeing that in the article to be honest. "Overhauling Villa's structure to accommodate him would seem an unnecessary risk" is a fair view point IMO.

It also has me wondering just how much power he's going to be given. I suppose we'll find out soon.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not seeing that in the article to be honest. "Overhauling Villa's structure to accommodate him would seem an unnecessary risk" is a fair view point IMO.

It also has me wondering just how much power he's going to be given. I suppose we'll find out soon.

I agree with that. I just thought Tom was maybe reaching a little. There’s an unknown risk element absolutely. But if this is what Unai wants I’m all for it. 

Having Lange, Alemany and Emery we've a formidable team in terms of recruitment and coaching. 

I think Alemany will have the key role in negotiations on deals and contracts. He'll also be in primary charge of the financial accounting side. As we will now be in the selling and buying right to compete. Chelsea make fortunes selling players and it's why they can spend so much buying players. I think we'll get more innovative on contracts too the big set guarantee's in terms of salary. It will be more bonus/incentive based. Giving a % of prize money (say 60-70%) to the players based on % of mins played in a season with bonus' for winning a trophy or qualification for Europe. 

This way the clubs income and expenditure are kept in better sync. Maximising sale values is going to be key for us now. Alamany will have a bigger reach in terms of contacts both to buy and critically sell players to. We also have the link up with Vitoria where we will inevitably loan players. Duran for next season seems like an obvious one for example. 

As others have mentioned, I believe Alemany will work in a role different to Lange. Lange is well thought of at the club and will retain his role albeit possibly slightly different. 

People like to pigeonhole things and give them nice understandable titles but I don’t think this is the case with gentlemen like NAS and Wes. They just like people who can get things done. 

I’ve seen Alemany described as “former managing director of Barcelona”. I think again that is just giving him a title in an attempt to understand his role, which I think will be wide ranging. 

If I had to give him a title it would possibly be CEO but we already have one of those. Again perhaps the intention is for Alemany and Purslow to work together. I think that could be very good, if Purslow is happy to no longer be involved with player purchases and concentrate on matters such as FFP. That would make sense particularly after his recent interview. 

It’s all good news in any case. In a few months we’ve gone from “Steven Gerrard’s Aston Villa, back to Aston Villa Midland Giants. Perhaps we’re about to become Aston Villa European Powerhouse”?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah because that's exactly what's he's done with Mallorca, Valenica or even with Barca. He's basically pushed for youth with Barca his entire time there. 

Â