Mateu Alemany

PieFacE

Apparantly we are "cooking" according to the young folk which are mostly Man U fans on Twitter. The Barca fans are in disbelief. Literally not one negative comment from anywhere in football about this - only very good ones. Which is nice. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Call me an old skool cynic but I just don't get excited by stuff like this. Sisu, Purslow....even the general idea of a DoF.....yep, I know footy is a big business and perhaps I don't see the behind the scenes stuff they do....but....I dunno....unless this geezer can bang in 25 goals a season then I just can't get too excited. 

How do you think the 25 goals a season striker arrives here?  We turn around, click our heels 3 times and wish upon a star?

27 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

This pretty much confirms we are going to be heavily investing in La Liga talent moving forward and looking more towards South America. Alemany kept a keen eye on youth tournaments across South America. 

Yeah saw something from Percy saying " It is understood Villa will be targeting a number of players from La Liga this summer "

21 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

You’re making it sound like he was going against the club here, it’s very likely they wanted the players and he did everything he could to get them. 

Need to remember that Zat hates Barca so we are probably going to get a negative spin on everything Alemany has done and will do until the day he leaves.

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Need to remember that Zat hates Barca so we are probably going to get a negative spin on everything Alemany has done and will do until the day he leaves.

Nope have already said his other work should be judged more yet people are excited because he came from a big name like Barcelona. A crackpot club

I dont think signing players like Kessie, Raphinha and Lewandowski are a coup for Barcelona. He also signed Eric Garcia one of the worst centre backs I have seen

If he pluckes a guy like Araujo from Uruguay I would be more impressed at what he did at Barcelona

3 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Something big is happening here, isn’t it? 🥲

I've been thinking this as well, this is more than just us putting together a good run and finishing in a respectable spot.  The entire club infrastructure from top to bottom is being overhauled, and with an elite manager finally, we are getting the results on the pitch as well.

This feels like what happened to Spurs when they jumped from a mid-table hopeful to a genuine CL team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nope have already said his other work should be judged more yet people are excited because he came from a big name like Barcelona. A crackpot club

I dont think signing players like Kessie, Raphinha and Lewandowski are a coup for Barcelona. He also signed Eric Garcia one of the worst centre backs I have seen

If he pluckes a guy like Araujo from Uruguay I would be more impressed at what he did at Barcelona

And there we go.  Copy and paste this for the next couple of years at least.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I've been thinking this as well, this is more than just us putting together a good run and finishing in a respectable spot.  The entire club infrastructure from top to bottom is being overhauled, and with an elite manager finally, we are getting the results on the pitch as well.

This feels like what happened to Spurs when they jumped from a mid-table hopeful to a genuine CL team.

This is what we should be focused on. Especially with the behind the scenes stuff moving quickly. A very, very exciting few years ahead that will ensure we aren’t going anywhere but upwards. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Doesn’t this feel good!? ❤️

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He will be working with Emery, that’s the difference. And I trust our owners pretty much as highly as I can. Big difference form how Barcelona operate. 

Super experienced and presumably someone Emery will have personally signed off.

Has obviously operated at the highest level but I imagine his CV getting maximum value in the loans and frees department was also attractive to the club given we have expensive stadium development plans to pay for. 

It's all very exciting anyway 😍

• Like 1

Â