Midweek Football 1/4 May

andykeenan

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's where I am too, the grealish comparisons when he was at villa are way off, he looks like statistically he's good but just in general passages of play he's not at that level

£50/60m move this summer? I just don't see it

Tell you who had a shocker tonight, Harvey Barnes. Barely touched the ball for half an hour and only time he beat the RB he blazed high into the stands when there was three unmarked waiting for a simple cross.

Looks like he's one of those who scores a wonder goal v us, has half this forum demand we sign him and then does nothing for the next 10 games.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Tell you who had a shocker tonight, Harvey Barnes. Barely touched the ball for half an hour and only time he beat the RB he blazed high into the stands when there was three unmarked waiting for a simple cross.

Looks like he's one of those who scores a wonder goal v us, has half this forum demand we sign him and then does nothing for the next 10 games.

Very hot and cold player. If he looked as good against everybody else as he does against us he'd be a superstar. 

• Like 1

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official - Page 57 - Leicester City Forum - FoxesTalk

Some interesting views here. I guess someone like Dewsbury-Hall isn't technically sound enough to play as a central midfielder but I thought they just got bypassed so easily by a limited Everton team. Doucoure just wins a header and McNeill was basically in on their backline every single time.

If they're that open then Liverpool will knock 4-5 goals past them. Think Everton had about 15 shots and 8-9 corners in the end. That was always the criticism of us when we first came up and we were conceding 15-20 shots to opposition pretty much every game.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official - Page 57 - Leicester City Forum - FoxesTalk

Some interesting views here. I guess someone like Dewsbury-Hall isn't technically sound enough to play as a central midfielder but I thought they just got bypassed so easily by a limited Everton team. Doucoure just wins a header and McNeill was basically in on their backline every single time.

If they're that open then Liverpool will knock 4-5 goals past them. Think Everton had about 15 shots and 8-9 corners in the end. That was always the criticism of us when we first came up and we were conceding 15-20 shots to opposition pretty much every game.

Surprisingly patient, some really hated Rodgers so probably happy to give him a bit of backing

2 hours ago, picicata said:

Both teams were rubbish and if either, or both, stay up they have serious work to do if they don't want to be involved in a relegation battle again 

Speaking to Everton fans it's the final two games they are thinking they can win. If they can do that I think they will survive 

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Isn't all the talk that Maddison is going to Newcastle? So he'll be playing a lot of games for a team in the CL next season. Not 'Big 6' by some definition but Newcastle are a better proposition than Spurs or Chelsea anyway. 

Yeah at the moment that seems like the link, not seen numbers so the £50-60m was a guess

I'd take him at villa but I'd be convinced that there's better out there for less, he'd be a bit of a lazy safe signing imo rather than a stand up and take notice jealous signing like Bruno

Â