The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

45 minutes ago, sne said:

Can't imagine this was the move he was holding out for?

At least he’s not going to the Saudi League , but does seem a waste of talent going there.

Zaha to Galatasaray is odd. He's a very good player even in his later years, he can still add to a squad like Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and even us.

Either try and win something or go and get a bag in Saudi/MLS. Galatasaray just confuses me, I really can't understand it.

• Like 2

I'm guessing he was hoping he would land a saudi deal but nothing has come his way? Otherwise who in their right mind would decide to go to Turkey over prem offers. I don't think he will be happy there and will probably come home after a year or 2

49 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Zaha to Galatasaray is odd. He's a very good player even in his later years, he can still add to a squad like Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and even us.

Either try and win something or go and get a bag in Saudi/MLS. Galatasaray just confuses me, I really can't understand it.

No way they can have offered him much more than Palace. Only answer is they were the only Champions League to come in for him and he wanted to experience that before he retires. Got a bit of respect for that tbh doing that rather than going to Saudi. Much easier options for him to take but he’s done the uncomfortable thing in order to tick a box for his career.

Losing Olise and Zaha for £35m is going to be painful for a club like Palace. Need to be very careful about their next moves or next season could quickly get difficult for Roy. I’m amazed nobody had a deal done for last day of season if he really had that release clause, that is a real bargain. 

Edited by villaglint

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

He'd do a job for anyone in the league, I wonder what the issue is that no one in the league is after him. 

Would he?

Had that troubled spell at Man. United and they wouldn't play him over Rashford.

No space at Liverpool or Newcastle due to all their wide players.

His chance to go to Arsenal was seemingly summer 2019 when the Don was desperate to sign him instead of Pepe, no interest since.

Did wonder on Chelsea and Spurs but ultimately he's 30 now so probably dosen't suit the age profile for either.

He should've moved on from Palace 2-3 years ago but being on a very long term contract priced him out of a move.

Think Palace were starting to move on from him aswell, Eze was in supreme form end of last season so imagine the plan is two solid banks of four and give him the ball at every opportunity, bit like us with Jack in 20/21.

Edited by VillaChris

Thought he would want to stay in or near London as him and stormzy recently bought Croydon AFC so presumably he would want to be involved off the field with that venture. Surpised Spurs or West Ham didnt show any interest. he will do a nathan redmond who spent a season in turkey and then come back

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Would he?

Had that troubled spell at Man. United and they wouldn't play him over Rashford.

No space at Liverpool or Newcastle due to all their wide players.

His chance to go to Arsenal was seemingly summer 2019 when the Don was desperate to sign him instead of Pepe, no interest since.

Did wonder on Chelsea and Spurs but ultimately he's 30 now so probably dosen't suit the age profile for either.

He should've moved on from Palace 2-3 years ago but being on a very long term contract priced him out of a move.

Think Palace were starting to move on from him aswell, Eze was in supreme form end of last season so imagine the plan is two solid banks of four and give him the ball at every opportunity, bit like us with Jack in 20/21.

All valid points but a free transfer can make a player much more appealing to a club.