The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

36 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Italian midfielders never do well in the PL. Nothing to worry about.

How many have played Premier League? Usually they sign strikers/defenders

Off hand I can think of Di Matteo and he was good

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

English media and fans freaking out about Saudi Arabia. Meanwhile, in Italy:

Yep I think a lot of fans from other countries think we’ll be getting a taste of our own medicine when the Prem gets purged by the Saudi League

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep I think a lot of fans from other countries think we’ll be getting a taste of our own medicine when the Prem gets purged by the Saudi League

And we absolutely will do.

Again, I've got no problem with it as long as, say, Chelsea aren't managing to flout FFP.  Other than that, go for it Saudi Arabia.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2023 at 21:13, GlobalVillan said:

I mean they will sign more and more outstanding players year on year.

There is already evidence of them flouting FFP with their new shirt deal. We won't be getting, anywhere near them for decades.

And before anyone suggests thats crazy, we haven't finished above Man United for decades and they've been bloody.awful by their standards for a third of that time. This is different because FFP will stop us catching the oil state owned clubs who won't have to worry about FFP as they find ways round it, like Man City and already, Newcastle.

Nah, their shirt deal is fine.  Newcastle will be pretty squeaky clean for a while I reckon - especially if Saudi has "links" to Chelsea; that's where they'll test the waters of dodginess.

12 hours ago, sne said:

Yeah he'll get some minutes if ever Rodri needs a rest. Unless Pep plans to move one of them to CB.

I think that's nailed on, followed Ake who orginally came through as DM at Chelsea and played that position and CB at Bournemouth.

Interesting decision for Rice as not cut and dried he'll be playing week in week out at Man. City compared to Arsenal and ultimately they both are playing in CL. Think he has a family so I reckon he'll opt to stay in London.

Just think a few months back @villa4europe was telling him to stay at West Ham for life and here we are with half of the CL contenders wanting him.😉

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Talk is that Mbappe to Madrid is done

I mean if the reported fees are true and it's around £200 mill. 

Questions need to be asked how Real Madrid can afford this + Bellingham. 

There finances arnt to dissimilar to that of Barcelona as they also sold future tv rights. 

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think that's nailed on, followed Ake who orginally came through as DM at Chelsea and played that position and CB at Bournemouth.

Interesting decision for Rice as not cut and dried he'll be playing week in week out at Man. City compared to Arsenal and ultimately they both are playing in CL. Think he has a family so I reckon he'll opt to stay in London.

Just think a few months back @villa4europe was telling him to stay at West Ham for life and here we are with half of the CL contenders wanting him.😉

Now we've got it that man City will buy him just so that someone else can't rather than because they need him

Will also be the 3rd summer in a row they've bought another PL teams home town local boy captain, again because they can

Its a sad transfer if they do it rather than it being the media

5 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

There finances arnt to dissimilar to that of Barcelona as they also sold future tv rights. 

Real went about 2 years without spending big as were saving for Mbappe

7 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

The Spanish government fund them. So that's why

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Historically they bailed them out financially 

Ah OK you mean the training ground purchase and the favorable bank loans. Thought there was something new that happened in the last 20 years or so.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Now we've got it that man City will buy him just so that someone else can't rather than because they need him

Will also be the 3rd summer in a row they've bought another PL teams home town local boy captain, again because they can

Its a sad transfer if they do it rather than it being the media

You say that but apart from Phillips, Pep has actually done some good works with the English players he's worked with.

Inherited John Stones and could've easily ditched him like Joe Hart but 7 years on he's playing the best football of his career and he wanted Walker from Spurs early on in his tenure.

Even Delph had a decent run in one of the seasons they won the title.

Are Man. City really that bothered by Arsenal? They sold them Jesus and Zinchenko last summer. Pep might just rate Rice for all we know and think he can develop weaker parts of his game...

I think issue though is if they think Rice can just replace Gundogan, I don't think he's capable of that and he's not getting in ahead of Rodri so CB it is.