The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Going to **** with the grand order of things again. But this time with mega mega  mega money rather than than just chinese mega money .  

Its funny because Premier League allowed this dodgyness before but Saudi Arabia is showing its weakness

I am a bit happy because the arrogant Premier League officials got away with murder for so ling

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Chelsea money is Saudi money too isn’t it?

I remember reading something about that. Makes the situation even funnier. They spent over £300m in a January transfer window alone, and it's like yeah sure this is normal. Just the good ol' Premier League.

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Apparently so…

Wow, this is looking like the (predictable) mess for the authorities to sort out. The Saudi’s putting money in the pockets of all key players so they control the game.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wow, this is looking like the (predictable) mess for the authorities to sort out. The Saudi’s putting money in the pockets of all key players so they control the game.

Mm Chelsea is a really big factor in why Saudi money doesn't guarantee success

So Chelsea are selling their unwanted players for inflated transfer fees, with buying clubs owned by shareholders of Chelsea’s parent company.

The game is rotten. Give it a year and there will be an off-season competition in the middle-east where clubs are paid millions just to turn up.

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

So Chelsea are selling their unwanted players for inflated transfer fees, with buying clubs owned by shareholders of Chelsea’s parent company.

The game is rotten. Give it a year and there will be an off-season competition in the middle-east where clubs are paid millions just to turn up.

I wonder how long it will take for the Fa Cup final to be played there, or even the CL final to be played there and outside of Europe...

I slowly care less and less about sport.

7 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

It's an interesting situation that needs looking into, but from what I've seen PIF aren't shareholders in Chelsea's parent company. 

They're large clients of Chelsea's parent company, with the parent company investing their money for them.

The PIF also invest with other firms.

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mm Chelsea is a really big factor in why Saudi money doesn't guarantee success

It’s not just about success, it’s about manipulating the game. They can move players around all over the place now and decide out of their stable of clubs who they want to be the best. 

They could use Newcastle or the state owned Saudi Clubs to buy up the junk at Chelsea to give them another crack at getting back up the table. 

They could push Benzema to the PL for a below market value loan. 

They’ll become immensely powerful.

Edited by Genie

On what planet could a club like Al Hilal suddenly have the capital to pay £50m and wages for Neves if not owned by the Saudis?! It’s the perfect middle finger to FFP and a great loophole for distorting the market even further. They could easily immediately loan him out to their pet projects in Newcastle. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

Russia and China did it for a while Agents will get players to chase the money but my guess is the players although very rich will soon see through it all and it will fail.

MLS has more credibility as a league.

9 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I wonder how long it will take for the Fa Cup final to be played there, or even the CL final to be played there and outside of Europe...

I slowly care less and less about sport.

Not long I mean the Spanish Supercopa is held in Saudi Arabia.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Not long I mean the Spanish Supercopa is held in Saudi Arabia.

They'll test the waters with the Charity Shield, maybe make it a 4 team thing like the Spanish one. Then the League Cup final.

• Sad 1