• Ramsey
    • Watkins
    • Digne (Moreno 77)
    • Traoré (Ramsey 77)
    • Chambers (Young 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/04/23 at 22:59

16 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Could have given a pen and missed 2 obvious corners.

Fulham 18 fouls and only 2 yellows. We had 6 fouls and 3 yellows. Vinicius only came on the pitch to try start some fights and didn't even get a yellow. Looked like he punched buendia when he was on the ground.

This is why I gave a poor rating.

Also let Robinson foul throw all night it's little things like that! Basic stuff a referee should call up first time it don't happen again!

I’ve never felt so deflated after a win :D

Really felt like this was a chance to draw in on the GD deficit we have vs Spurs but we just seemed to cruise through and almost not bother.

Ultimately a win is a win but, man, such a flat performance. 

6 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Looking at the replay Watkins gets it first before getting taken out. Might be the angle but even the commentators say it was nailed on. It looked it tbh, at least from the angle I've seen it at. 

No, wrong. Watkins gets there, and then Tosin gets there and then there’s a collision. It wasn’t a penalty at all. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:
7 hours ago, Spoony said:

I don’t see the point in referee ratings on here. 11% say “very poor” and 35% day poor? Not sure he got anything wrong. The unqualified dislike of referees is tiresome to me and a big reason why no one wants to do it and the quality is dropping. 

Could have given a pen and missed 2 obvious corners.

Fulham 18 fouls and only 2 yellows. We had 6 fouls and 3 yellows. Vinicius only came on the pitch to try start some fights and didn't even get a yellow. Looked like he punched buendia when he was on the ground.

This is why I gave a poor rating.

I agree.  I have no dislike for this ref, I can’t even tell you who it was and it wasn’t a game that would get me overly irate about the ref.  I chose”poor” because I thought he was, I don’t think he managed the game well for a fairly bland match.  His consistency wasn’t there, he missed some incidents which if it had been a game with more at stake could’ve flared up and I thought some of his positioning for the game was wrong.

I think while like any fan I can be biased I’ve always tried to be fair with refs in that poll and given positive reviews but this game, with ref, I think he was lucky it was a low key game for action.

• Like 2

I think at 1-0 you’d expect the other side to throw the kitchen sink at you, and then you can capitalise on that with them out of position or overcommitting… but Fulham seemed content to stay compact and hunker down for the 1-0 loss. Which is very odd. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, villaglint said:

I’m taking personal credit for tonight’s win. We had a few corners before the goal and I said to my pal Tyrone Mings is never ever going to score from a corner is he? 

Next one comes in and he wins the game. 

The perfect piece of know nothing punditry. 

I said to my son the corner before we scored “we never score from corners especially mings” 

what do I know? Nothing as usual 

• Thanks 1

Very leggy performance but hey ho, I’ll take those kind of wins all day long. It was the 3 points that really mattered.

Our remaining games after Man Utd are all a week apart, so plenty of rest time. 

• Like 1

Not an easy watch but I a win against a side that clearly had no intention of trying to win the game. One shot off target in the first minute for the whole game tells me we were fully in control from start to finish. With a tired team and a bare bones squad 26 points out of 30 is pretty impressive and some wins will be like Newcastle others will be more like last night. 

Also on the way home I had the misfortune of listening to Jason cundy saying how Tyrone mings wasn’t international standard and he has an error a game in him (like maguire doesn’t have 3 or 4 a game) can anyone remember in this last run of ten games or even since emery came, in a mistake? I think he has been near perfect since gerrard went.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Not an easy watch but I a win against a side that clearly had no intention of trying to win the game. One shot off target in the first minute for the whole game tells me we were fully in control from start to finish. With a tired team and a bare bones squad 26 points out of 30 is pretty impressive and some wins will be like Newcastle others will be more like last night. 

Also on the way home I had the misfortune of listening to Jason cundy saying how Tyrone mings wasn’t international standard and he has an error a game in him (like maguire doesn’t have 3 or 4 a game) can anyone remember in this last run of ten games or even since emery came, in a mistake? I think he has been near perfect since gerrard went.

Yes, I was listening too.  Clearly has watched MOTD once about a year ago and made is opinions 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Everything I want to say has already been said by @OutByEaster?

I don't quite understand the "we looked tired" comments.  I think we had a few more gears we didn't need to go into.

We just controlled the game's speed completely. 

^ This.

The impression I was left with in bold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I’ve never felt so deflated after a win :D

Really felt like this was a chance to draw in on the GD deficit we have vs Spurs but we just seemed to cruise through and almost not bother.

Ultimately a win is a win but, man, such a flat performance. 

Is this satire?

• Like 2

I must be a bit more of a panicker than most, from the North Stand last night the second half got quite nervy. Its a wonderful feeling to have something on the line that isn't certain relegation financial catastrophe!

On reflection I think it was intelligent game management. They did enough, didn't commit too much energy and now have decent rest until United.

Buendia and Watkins seem to vibe off each other. It's almost like one has to play well for the other to play well. First world problems I guess!

At first I thought this was a pretty poor performance, but this was exactly the kind of performance that would result in a defeat before Emery came. He has made us so solid as a team, they never looked like scoring, and yes we played too slow, but we were never in trouble. What Emery is doing with these players is remarkable, and if you can win even when you are not at your best then that is fantastic. Well done all the players, they have obviously bought into the managers vision, and are doing their best to implement it.

I thought we played well and controlled the game throughout tbh. It was boring, but I think we were just saving energy. 

Got a very slim squad and a lot of important games coming up, I'm not surprised players weren't busting a gut when Fulham didn't even look like they were interested.

• Like 2

Interesting that a few are suggesting we are playing poorly and winning; we all would have killed for this form over the last ten years. Villa are tough, dogged, tactically aware and it's wonderful to see.

It could be that Villa under Emery are pacing, we are learning to keep something in the tank and put teams at arms length.

Hopefully they can regroup and put more effort into the game against Man Poo knowing they haven't exerted themselves too much.

Great to see the run Villa are on!

UTV

I watched bits of the match. It wasn't the greatest match, but we got the win which is all that matters. Thought Dendoncker was great. Quietly going about his business and it's a compliment that we haven't missed Kamara.

Young needs a rest imo. Think Chambers should start against Man Utd.

For Fulham, I thought the defender that marked Watkins had a great game.

Edit to add thought Buendia was poor this game, misplaced a lot of passes and is doing that annoying Fernandes things of staying down when challenged and moaning.

Edited by Jono62

Â