"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

7 hours ago, GeordieVillan said:

I also had a very good chat with a lovely guy on the phone yesterday who was really helpful and is actually part of the matchday hospitality team. Genuinely a top bloke who was on the phone with me for nearly half an hour talking about the club, my history supporting Villa and even holiday plans etc. Just great customer service.

My view on this may be different from others…I’m a 41 year old Villa fan that lives in Newcastle and has never had a season ticket in over 30 years of being a fan. For the first time in my life, everything has fallen into place for me - personally, financially, family etc - which means I am actually able to afford a season ticket and attend (most of) the games even with a 4 hour drive each way.

I did add myself to the waiting list for general admission and I think I was around 25000 on the list, so that is probably 5-10 years off, and quite honestly I don’t want to wait because my circumstances might change next season or in future and I might not be able to attend the games in the way I should be able to this year. 

So when I received the email about the Terrace View I was obviously very excited about the chance to get a season ticket, even if the value isn’t great and the price is a bit inflated.

I am willing and able to pay the price, and I’m also willing to sacrifice my spot on the general admission waiting list and go to the back of that queue so that I can get a season ticket this season, maybe the only time I will have the chance in my life. Others might not be in the same position or might not be able to afford it (or might not want to because it’s poor value), but how is that different from someone who has wanted a general admission season ticket for 20 years but hasn’t been able to afford it? It’s pretty much the same as far as I can see.

I read the posts in this topic with interest, and I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the sentiment from some that people are using this as a way of jumping the queue or manipulating the system, or that people must be stupid for wanting to do it because it’s not a great value package. I do understand why some people might be annoyed by it, if they perceive it as working against them as individuals, but that isn’t the fault of the fans, the club have decided to offer this option, that’s just the way it is. 

Hypothetically, if you were number 20,000 on the general admission list and the club rang you up and said they had a season ticket available for you (maybe because of an admin error for example), would you turn around and say to the club “oh no sorry I think there must be a mistake because there must be a lot of people ahead of me in the queue”? If you would do that, then you are a better person than me.

I paid for my Terrace View season ticket yesterday and I’m looking forward to watching a season of football at Villa for the first time in my life, potentially a great season ahead. Hopefully it’s a memorable one for everyone that is lucky enough to be there.

Fair enough.  I don't think anyone is thinking badly of people who take advantage of the offer, I think they're just a little upset at the price of it for The Holte End. 

Good luck to you. Please PM me the WiFi code 😁😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've just purchased The Terrace View season ticket, my rational was akin to @GeordieVillan  however I'm more local than Newcastle.  Interestingly, there is a undefined allocation of away tickets for holders, these are purchased via hospitality,  rather than ticket office. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

On 22/07/2023 at 18:27, sidcow said:

Please PM me the WiFi code 😁😁

i wonder if every one is unique? otherwise it won't take long for them to appear on twitter!

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, DewiMckay said:

I've just purchased The Terrace View season ticket, my rational was akin to @GeordieVillan  however I'm more local than Newcastle.  Interestingly, there is a undefined allocation of away tickets for holders, these are purchased via hospitality,  rather than ticket office. 

Welcome to VT. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

@GeordieVillan it was really interesting reading your reasons for taking up the offer of one of these tickets.

Fair play to you making the 8 hour round trip. That and the money you are paying makes this a real commitment.

Yeah makes my 4 hour round trip from Suffolk easy!......hats off to you @GeordieVillan 👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DewiMckay said:

Is that right about the away tickets??

Interesting thing about this has been that the marketing information is bit vague I think, and while the people on the phone at the club seem to have been really helpful with everyone, it does feel like people are finding things out by asking questions rather than the club pro-actively giving out details on what is included…

Offer for terrace view has reached 17,000 on the waiting list. Clearly not selling very well, but reckon there's enough willing to take the hit this season.

It's a shame really because I'm sure the owners would have quite happily made this a much more affordable service IF they didn't have to balance the books purely for FFP reasons.

Taking away tickets from Claret Club Members in the Upper Holte for the Terrace View is a load of bollocks and definitely not communicated to people when buying said Claret Club Memberships.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

It's a shame really because I'm sure the owners would have quite happily made this a much more affordable service IF they didn't have to balance the books purely for FFP reasons.

I think the owners have been great, but I don’t believe this. FFP or not, they want as much as money as possible from us.

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think the owners have been great, but I don’t believe this. FFP or not, they want as much as money as possible from us.

Maybe. I've  seen enough from them to give them the benefit of the doubt. They've spent fortunes on things that don't directly benefit FFP.  I think they'd happily take a small profit on this investment if it meant a full and (slightly lubricated) very vocal crowd at every game. But the price they've set is clearly an FFP boosting option that is way beyond the average brummies reach. I just don't see them doing that unless they are aiming for the stars and trying to maximise what FFP will let them spend.

They are aiming far higher than a few hundred grand from the fans, but they need that money to sign players now.

They could increase the tickets by a further 250 and they’re still pretty much guaranteed to sell out on a game to game basis next season including day trippers from overseas or those wanting a special moment for a birthday or an anniversary etc. 

On 25/07/2023 at 11:53, GeordieVillan said:

Is that right about the away tickets??

Interesting thing about this has been that the marketing information is bit vague I think, and while the people on the phone at the club seem to have been really helpful with everyone, it does feel like people are finding things out by asking questions rather than the club pro-actively giving out details on what is included…

i guess that explains how the number of people that were in the 19+ away game category for newcastle away tickets was ~1500 when there could have only been 1300 due to bournemouth's small allocation

I just read elsewhere that buying this TV package is about £300 more than getting the terrace view bolt on and already having bought a HE season ticket, is that right? I'd verify myself but it's so hard to find the prices in one place on the OS, it's almost like they don't want to make it easy to compare the relative costs. 

If that's accurate they're being pretty **** shameless with it being "Pay a few hundred quid explicitly to skip the queue".

• Like 1

Â