"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

Just gone through and I can buy one but that price is mental. They also never made it clear they were gonna open it to non season ticket holders. It's really starting to feel like the club are rinsing fans now. If there was an instalment plan option i'd probably take it. 

1 minute ago, mrchnry said:

Just gone through and I can buy one but that price is mental. They also never made it clear they were gonna open it to non season ticket holders. It's really starting to feel like the club are rinsing fans now. If there was an instalment plan option i'd probably take it. 

I thought there was an instalment option!

I hope those more enlightened about this than me can clarify.

There are supposedly 500 empty seats in the upper Holt for this "Terrace View" thing, I guess these are not in one block or area but scattered around the Holte.

Where have these 500 seats appeared from? is it because safe standing generates more "spaces", I assume that the majority of existing ST holders in the Holte Upper renewed (like me).

Next to me is a seat that last season was not sold to a ST holder, and was occupied by different people throughout the season, is this one of the seats reserved for a Terrace View person with £1600 is going to buy? and do I need to bring a picnic table, candelabra, canapes and a bottle of wine to fit in with this new gentrification of the Holte Upper?

Come a long way since rivers of piss ran down the Holte terrace at halftime in the 1970's, opposition scarfs burnt etc etc...........

1 minute ago, delboy54 said:

Come a long way since rivers of piss ran down the Holte terrace at halftime in the 1970's, opposition scarfs burnt etc etc...........

I get that this gentrification of the Holte isn't a good thing for keeping the atmosphere. But not sure those are examples of things that we should lament being rid of.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

and do I need to bring a picnic table, candelabra, canapes and a bottle of wine to fit in with this new gentrification of the Holte Upper?

Don't do that mate, you're not a peer, you're the product. When people visit the zoo they want to see monkeys throwing their shit around ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

The Terrace View seating is all one block in the upper holte iirc

I did see a copy of the email appearing to show a large block of seats, with some very strange seat numbers, but I'm not sure accommodating the new Terrace View members in a single dedicated block will be possible unless they're relying on the vast majority of members already having  season tickets and keeping they're own that are seats scattered across the Upper Holte. The capacity of the lounge is up to 1000 and there won't even be a block of a couple of hundred available without moving existing season ticket holders. 

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

"You can stick your **** wi-fi up your arse!"

Unless they give me the password. Then they are righteous dudes. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

The Terrace View seating is all one block in the upper holte iirc

I don't think that's the case, I certainly haven't heard of any season ticket holders being moved in order to accommodate that, and there isn't space for a block without doing that. I'm pretty sure these are scattered around the Upper Holte.

Interesting that on Twitter there's mention from someone who has bought one of these tickets that it's being sold as a single season option - you're not a season ticket holder on an ongoing basis and you go back on the waiting list the season after next if they find a better way to sell these - you can't renew.

• Confused 1
  • Shocked 2

Â