Match Thread: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Just now, bobzy said:

"It's their fault if they don't get in the box, just put it in early" is probably one of the shittest observations from a co-commentator I've ever heard :D 

You just KNOW he'd moan about the early cross when no one is in the box send query why he didn't delay 

• Thanks 1

Brentford are doing to us what we did to Newcastle last week. We are getting bullied at the moment, losing the second balls, not giving passing options and lacking movements. We need to pick it up before we find ourselves behind.

Just now, picicata said:

I think some people may have allowed themselves, with the quality of performance against Newcastle, to get carried away and forget that we are still a work in progress. This game was always going to be tough.

It's also only 25 minutes old.  The Newcastle game was the fastest "out of the blocks" that I've seen us play in a long time.  Very much an outlier.

1 minute ago, picicata said:

I think some people may have allowed themselves, with the quality of performance against Newcastle, to get carried away and forget that we are still a work in progress. This game was always going to be tough.

I said as much earlier in the week and got short shrift from some 🙄

Can't win

1 minute ago, picicata said:

Hugely difficult even if we weren't

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thia pundit would be the absolute worst manager. He is so negative.

I bet he is one of these slobs thats never even kicked a ball

Birtles? He's certainly kicked a ball. But his tone is horrible, like no-one can see what he's seeing yet it's oh so simple. But what he doesn't know is what he sees is not a good thing.

Just now, Tom13 said:

Birtles? He's certainly kicked a ball. But his tone is horrible, like no-one can see what he's seeing yet it's oh so simple. But what he doesn't know is what he sees is not a good thing.

No idea who he is

• Shocked 2

They are acting like the home team, which they have done many times to good effect this season. of course this was always going to be a tough game, but i would like to try and see us impose ourselves on the game like we have done frequently over the last few weeks. This game is here for us but we need to step up and act like we are here for the 3 points. I imagine emery will start to make some tactical alterations in the second half, he must be feeling like we can do more.