Vacuum cleaners

mjmooney

I was glamoured by Vax ads a couple of years ago and now I have to tolerate a bloody awful vax cordless until it decides to die and I can get something that does what it is supposed to do. Also re Dyson, their cordless was awful when I bought one, returned so I could get a much more awful Vax, but the corded animal was excellent.

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

DO. NOT. BUY. A, CORDLESS. VACUUM. CLEANER

is my advice. A corded will last you so much longer and perform better too

Might end up getting both. 

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

price to performance - you'd be hard pressed to beat Henry

Numatic were simple, robust and you could get spares. We had one of the bigger ones at work and it was cool.

That was 20 years ago, and I'm not an expert. Got a Which? subscription these days ;)

They are still made in Britain, which is pretty cool.

Get a tradies Titan from Screwfix. 

Very cheap and could suck the skin of a banana.

Not great looking and they need a paper bag...but **** me it cleans the floor well!

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I always wondered about the nostalgia that comes with a Henry.

Loud, heavy, bulky, hits all furniture and all door frames. Runs over small pets, toes.

But I guess it's got a funny face. 

• Like 1

The one thing I have always wondered about Dyson vacuum cleaners, is how much of the satisfaction of using them, is due to the fact that you can see how much stuff you've sucked up?

Seeing all the fluff, hair and detritus, just has to unduce a satisfying feeling of virtue!

13 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The one thing I have always wondered about Dyson vacuum cleaners, is how much of the satisfaction of using them, is due to the fact that you can see how much stuff you've sucked up?

Seeing all the fluff, hair and detritus, just has to unduce a satisfying feeling of virtue!

That's the best bit about it. Sucking up spiders is also satisfactory. 

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

I always wondered about the nostalgia that comes with a Henry.

Loud, heavy, bulky, hits all furniture and all door frames. Runs over small pets, toes.

But I guess it's got a funny face. 

Yeah but is sucks better than a high class sex worker after a big tip

4 hours ago, bickster said:

This. I had an admittedly pathetic cordless Dyson (boys and their gadgets eh ?) but I still laughed at my missus's stupid Henry with its ridiculous smiley face on it.

Then I used it. Oh how wrong I was to scoff. Beast of a machine. 

• Like 2

Had a Dyson and was grateful when it eventually broke beyond being glued back together one more time.

Bought a Henry.

Embarrassed by how good it was in comparison and that I’d been suckered in to presuming ‘reassuringly expensive’ was a real thing in plastic vacuums.

• Like 1

Â