Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

38 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Juve have confirmed that Chiesa and Vlahovic are both staying for now, And planning to offer contracts, but if the right offer comes in for the former then they will consider selling him. A few days or a week or so ago

FTFY

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Yeah...but without other attributes, of equal strength,  its limited.

Adama Traore is a good example......our own speedster Gabby scored 3 goals in the last 3 seasons on his tenure....Julian Joachim, was another speedy Gonzales, with a hit rate of 3.6 for us.....not good enough for top flight.

Personally, In an overall sense, I don't think Johnson is good enough.

You are looking at the individuals stats, look at the impact the individual has on those around him?

No defence likes people running at them at pace, so they sit deeper which brings others into play.  

Look at the overall effect

3 minutes ago, macandally said:

You are looking at the individuals stats, look at the impact the individual has on those around him?

No defence likes people running at them at pace, so they sit deeper which brings others into play.  

Look at the overall effect

You could say the same thing about Bailey and Traore.  Johnson's decision making is horrific and has been downright awful for Forest so far this season.  He wouldn't improve us, IMO. 

2 hours ago, macandally said:

We played Cash over Bailey yesterday?

Would take Johnson over Bailey every day of the week.

I think we'll end up playing Watkins, Diaby and Zaniolo - one leading the line, one with pace and one who creates. I'm not particularly against Johnson as an option, but I don't think he'd start for us.

What the hell are Chelsea doing?

Proper basket case, thinking players on 8/9 year contracts are actually going to be motivated to play for their wages.  They must think they have found the golden goose! 

Pochetino is decent, but I don’t think that Bohly idiot is helping him! 

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I think we'll end up playing Watkins, Diaby and Zaniolo - one leading the line, one with pace and one who creates. I'm not particularly against Johnson as an option, but I don't think he'd start for us.

Yep can't wait to see that as a front 3

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

You could say the same thing about Bailey and Traore.  Johnson's decision making is horrific and has been downright awful for Forest so far this season.  He wouldn't improve us, IMO. 

I rate Steve Cooper as a coach, but he is nowhere near Emery.

All our players were making bad decisions early last year, they are far better (not perfect) now.

As I said, Pace is natural, the rest can be coached 

3 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Is this said in jest? All our wingers are left footed. Bailey, Traore, Diaby, Zaniolo.

Yeah I don’t know why I said footed. Should have just said a left winger, not too bothered whether he’s left or right footed, as long as their natural position is on the left.

Feels like we have a lot of left footed right wingers.

17 minutes ago, macandally said:

What the hell are Chelsea doing?

Proper basket case, thinking players on 8/9 year contracts are actually going to be motivated to play for their wages.  They must think they have found the golden goose! 

Pochetino is decent, but I don’t think that Bohly idiot is helping him! 

You do realise they are putting the players on relatively low wages. Mudryk cost £90m and is on £89k per week base salary. The players are on incentives, where base salary goes up with total appearances and goal contributions. They also get bonus at end of season based on the teams success and that is shared out based on what individual players contributed. 

So the players who join and don't perform will get little more than their base salary. It's a very smart way to motivate players and manage the wage bill. I'm sure we are moving to similar type contracts ourselves in terms of more incentive based than base salary.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I know we are quite well stacked in centre mid but I wonder if we are one of the rumoured clubs after Azzedine Ounahi. Could he could be utilised on the left ? Quality player. 

Or if we’re Looking for a versatile forward / winds player Georges Mikautadze looks like he’s gunna be a real talent 

Ounahi just joined Marseille in January and is struggling to get off the bench for them now

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd say we'd see Diaby and Zaniolo swapping places mid game. McGinn seems to be doing well from LM now too. JJ is gonna have to fight to get into this team.

33 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'd say we'd see Diaby and Zaniolo swapping places mid game. McGinn seems to be doing well from LM now too. JJ is gonna have to fight to get into this team.

I think we'll play those three ahead of McGinn as the most advanced of the three midfielders - Kamara and Luiz as the pivot, McGinn largely left sided in front of them, Zaniolo more advanced, with Diaby off Watkins on the right. I agree, I think JJ will struggle to get back in - he'll need to be trying to push McGinn out - but I think that we'll see both he and Tielemans get time in the European games as we rotate things.

Be interesting to see how things change when Moreno comes back.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Yeah I don’t know why I said footed. Should have just said a left winger, not too bothered whether he’s left or right footed, as long as their natural position is on the left.

Feels like we have a lot of left footed right wingers.

Now that makes much more sense! Left sided attacker is a real possibility. Although as I've previously said, we tend to use more of an attacking midfielder than winger on that side. Someone like Ramsey, Buendia or McGinn, who cuts inside more than running down the line. That is semantics though i guess. TLDR - I agree!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

You do realise they are putting the players on relatively low wages. Mudryk cost £90m and is on £89k per week base salary. The players are on incentives, where base salary goes up with total appearances and goal contributions. They also get bonus at end of season based on the teams success and that is shared out based on what individual players contributed. 

So the players who join and don't perform will get little more than their base salary. It's a very smart way to motivate players and manage the wage bill. I'm sure we are moving to similar type contracts ourselves in terms of more incentive based than base salary.

How are you supposed to get motivated to play if you aren’t picked because the squad has 40 players in it 😂

45 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So £4m a year for 8 years without too much effort?  £32m guaranteed and contracted whether I play or not?

Still not seeing the inventive to actually try! 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Good question. But Martinez  waant fancied there either. Arteta is a strange one at times

I mean for a keeper who is an equal calibre of player and has a longer track record and is only 6 months older. 

The real issue is binning off Leno for Ramsdale who is not even remotely on either of the 2s level. 

• Like 2