Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Let’s take advantage of it, I don’t care if it helps them or not, literally no interest in them, but if it helps us out I’m all for taking what we can. 

Not by taking on Marcos Alonso.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PeterSw said:

Would rather not have Alonso on account of his previous conviction for killing someone whilst driving drunk and speeding

He seems to be a massive pijo (if you know you know) and I just can't face us signing one. The pijos are the worst kind of Spanish person. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Why? Because we’re not taking a punt on a 23 year old who’s had one season with spezia? I could list all the signings we’ve made who show we’ve got a good scouting network. Backed up by the fact we have the third best value squad in relation to transfer fees and player worth in the league. 

Nah, just in general I don't think we cast the net wide enough and are pretty wasteful/lavish with our incredibly generous owners' funding.

Bolded bit. Since Lange and McKenzie arrived yeah? Yes please. I'd like to see that list and feel better about our recruitment.

Obviously I wouldn't include John McGinn from before they arrived, signed five years ago on a recommendation by Steve Bruce's mate. 

Or incredibly well-known international Mousa Diaby signed for £30-50m. Every team in the world knew about him.

Or incredibly well-known and now-international after Bouba Kamara signed for £0. Every team in the world knew about him.

You can include them all on your list if you like.

As I said, I'm hoping Monchi sorts us out in this regard.

4 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Signing Alonso, an ageing left back, who's good at free kicks, on high wages to replace Digne, an ageing left back, who's good at free kicks, on high wages? Of course! It makes perfect sense.

Barca are so full of shit. They just get their overpaid players out there linking them to everyone.

Alemany is so clever.

43 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Tavares cannot defend, he is really bad at defending. He also looks really clumsy in possession.

We can and should be doing much better. Even Forest fans are pleased they've missed out so God knows why so many want him here at Villa. 

If we have to sell Digne, which I don't think we do, then Acuna will be good for a season or two. Or go get Tierney from arsenal who wants to play football and is very good in attack and defence.

Tavares would be a complete waste of our time and I'm fairly sure it's smoke and mirrors.

Literally could not be worse than cash at it. 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Nah, just in general I don't think we cast the net wide enough and are pretty wasteful/lavish with our incredibly generous owners' funding.

Bolded bit. Since Lange and McKenzie arrived yeah? Yes please. I'd like to see that list and feel better about our recruitment.

Obviously I wouldn't include John McGinn from before they arrived, signed five years ago on a recommendation by Steve Bruce's mate. 

Or incredibly well-known international Mousa Diaby signed for £30-50m. Every team in the world knew about him.

Or incredibly well-known and now-international after Bouba Kamara signed for £0. Every team in the world knew about him.

How do you know we haven’t and that the managers have chosen to ignore the recommendations of Lange & McKenzie ? Do you want a club driven transfer policy or a manager led one? I kinda agree we seem to have not taken advantage of Lange’s knowledge of Denmark for example from an outsiders perspective - doesn’t mean we haven’t scouted nor hadn’t recommended Lindstrom, Højlund, Schjelderup, Nelsson etc 

Edited by thabucks

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Everyone wants to be Brighton though, why most teams don’t take a similar approach who knows, there was lots of talk about us looking at Alvarez before he went to city but who knows if that was the case. The problem is now as well it’s not as simple as picking up cheap young talent from abroad, that young winger palace just bought cost 26 million, Forrest paid 20 million for a defensive midfielder from the same league last season, Brighton are about to pay 20+ for a 19 year old from ligue 1 too. So that model is now becoming more expensive as well as having more risk involved  

You could name signings from every season we’ve spent back in the league in relation to what our goals were at the time and credit our scouting, apart from maybe the spending of the grealish money. 

57 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Why? Because we’re not taking a punt on a 23 year old who’s had one season with spezia? I could list all the signings we’ve made who show we’ve got a good scouting network. Backed up by the fact we have the third best value squad in relation to transfer fees and player worth in the league. 

Good point. People forget also that Monchi has been in the job a matter of weeks. I’m confident in a few months we will see a change in how we operate and identify talent. This window is also about improving the XI, the priority isn’t unearthing gems. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Good point. People forget also that Monchi has been in the job a matter of weeks. I’m confident in a few months we will see a change in how we operate and identify talent. This window is also about improving the XI, the priority isn’t unearthing gems.

Improving the XI, not unearthing gems and for FFP purposes, selling-with-buybacks the Gems we already unearthed

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Improving the XI, not unearthing gems and for FFP purposes, selling-with-buybacks the Gems we already unearthed

Also this. The strategy this summer is clear. If people (not you) choose to ignore it, they aren’t paying attention or don’t care.