Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

9 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Bailey, inconsistent and injury prone, Zaniolo completely untested and also rumoured to have a groin injury, Duran is completely untested, coutinho is finished at this level and Traore is also not up to standard and also gets injured constantly. So realistically we’ve two attackers who up until now are up to standard and stay fit. 

Zaniolo is not untested - he is a european level attacker. Bailey has been our regular starter for the last 2 years. Duran is hardly tested, yet more tested than Archer or jpb. Coutinho played very well in both pre season and against everton before the injury. Traore has always provided an interesting option off the bench.

Sure, we could use one more - but JPB and Archer are not the answer, so selling them (and allowing salaries for a new signing) is the smart move. 

For what it is worth I'd much rather Nuno Tavares than Acuna. He's a 23 year old for one. But he's also 6' tall, rapid and strong. He can beat his man consistently too and that's only going to regress for acuna. The biggest difference is obviously the crossing. But I think the extra size and physicality would make a big difference to us considering how small a team we are as a whole

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Zaniolo is not untested - he is a european level attacker. Bailey has been our regular starter for the last 2 years. Duran is hardly tested, yet more tested than Archer or jpb. Coutinho played very well in both pre season and against everton before the injury. Traore has always provided an interesting option off the bench.

Sure, we could use one more - but JPB and Archer are not the answer, so selling them (and allowing salaries for a new signing) is the smart move. 

He’s a European level attacker with an extensive injury record who didn’t play a full 90 for galatasaray, and don’t take this as me hating on him I’m excited to see how he gets on. But there’s good reason to be sceptical about how he’s going to adapt to this league. I don’t rate Bailey but he’s obviously one of our better options. IMO Coutinho is finished physically and anyone’s mad to think he’s going to be a difference maker for us. 
And I’m not against the selling of archer and JPB, my point was I can’t see us finishing with signing a left back and maybe a right back if they both leave but I should have been more clear, apologies. 

Surprised considering all the hype around Veiga he’s still at Celta Vigo at this point in the window. Napoli’s bid is reportedly €30mill + €6mill whereas his release clause has been widely reported to be €40mill… Think I’d rather we went for Onuhai at Marseille if we are looking for that type of player. 

On 20/05/2023 at 10:40, sne said:

Would be pretty interested to see us take a punt on Emil Holm from Spezia. 23 years old, 6ft 3 RB who is really really quick, great engine, has a great shot and a fantastic attitude.

He's gone from the IFK Göteborg bench to Denmark to Spezia in Serie A to being a starter for Sweden and being linked to Juventus in about 2 seasons. 

Would not cost a lot or be on big wages. And he's nicknamed The Moose :D 

That is if we plan to have Cash as the starting option and not go out and spend big on a RB

Edit:

Juve and Atalanta now closest for €10m apparently.

It is mental how much this guy would suit us in a number of different ways.

One day we'll have a good scouting network hopefully.

Edited by Tomaszk

Just to clarify my last post about being done. I don’t mean I think we’ve stopped trying and are happy with the squad. Just think it might be hard to find the players we want at the right price and can’t see us signing anyone for the sake of it.  Last year Dendonker and Bednerek felt like last minute panic signings. Don’t see anything like that. 

Hopefully I’m wrong and we still land our targets. Does the transfer window close next week?

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

One day we'll have a good scouting network hopefully

No doubt but we'll see with players coming through and Duran in time also Mcginn Luiz Kamara Tielemans Ramsey on very little transfer fees

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Bailey, inconsistent and injury prone, Zaniolo completely untested and also rumoured to have a groin injury, Duran is completely untested, coutinho is finished at this level and Traore is also not up to standard and also gets injured constantly. So realistically we’ve two attackers who up until now are up to standard and stay fit. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

LB, RB, and an attacking player still to come in, maybe a central midfielder too if Donk leaves. Reckon we’ll have multiple options against those positions  and the last week of the window could be a bit mental. 

Goncalves as Buendia’s replacement might be a bit ambitious, but kept seeing stuff last season about how much Sawiris likes him. We won’t want to pay what Sporting are demanding, but they need money in and might bend towards deadline day. Even if it’s not to us I reckon he’ll get a move.

35 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

For what it is worth I'd much rather Nuno Tavares than Acuna. He's a 23 year old for one. But he's also 6' tall, rapid and strong. He can beat his man consistently too and that's only going to regress for acuna. The biggest difference is obviously the crossing. But I think the extra size and physicality would make a big difference to us considering how small a team we are as a whole

Tavares cannot defend, he is really bad at defending. He also looks really clumsy in possession.

We can and should be doing much better. Even Forest fans are pleased they've missed out so God knows why so many want him here at Villa. 

If we have to sell Digne, which I don't think we do, then Acuna will be good for a season or two. Or go get Tierney from arsenal who wants to play football and is very good in attack and defence.

Tavares would be a complete waste of our time and I'm fairly sure it's smoke and mirrors.

22 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Holm would be great in British football I reckon, got decent technique, might be a bit too attacking for how Emery lines up, unless we play a 3 at the back. Doesn't Emery want a more defesnive right sided fullback and a more attacking left sided one?

25 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Oh and to improve our scouting network we could do worse than poaching some of Atalanta's!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just to clarify my last post about being done. I don’t mean I think we’ve stopped trying and are happy with the squad. Just think it might be hard to find the players we want at the right price and can’t see us signing anyone for the sake of it.  Last year Dendonker and Bednerek felt like last minute panic signings. Don’t see anything like that. 

Hopefully I’m wrong and we still land our targets. Does the transfer window close next week?

SLAMS SHUT at 11pm 1st September…

there is time, Monchi is a busy boy…

• Like 1