Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

52 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

That’s much more applicable to Coutinho imo… Traore has contributed and offered more when he has been given a chance. He’s not as injury prone as Phil…

Tbf, after Deano left his opportunities have been limited and he was sent off to Turkey by the Scouse clown…

Unai brought him back and he contributed…

I’ll always be appreciative of his efforts and contributions at times during lockdown… he was a major player for us back then and it would be nice to see him back in that sort of form…

I don’t think he has a future here but I do think he still has something to offer…

Last year of contract… let him run it down I say and score the odd goal and show flashes of brilliance for us against weaker sides…

Traore still has something to offer us I think.

especially when you consider the fee we would get as he is in his last year

Hull are showing serious ambition, Aaron Connolly, Xavier Simons, Liam Delap, Scott Twine, and Ruben Vinagre signed so far, with Philogene and another from us to follow, they spent quite a bit of money last season as well signing players from Turkey, as well as bringing in Seri from Fulham, who was actually quite good for them in promotion season, to the point where a lot of Fulham fans were surprised they let him go.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As per Gregg Evans, Unai wanted to keep JPB around, but JPB wants playing time, that's why it's never fair to just judge a situation from one angle.

It's understandable from these youngsters viewpoints.

As per Gregg Evans? Lost me

I thought his name would never be mentioned on here again 😂

16 minutes ago, useless said:

Hull are showing serious ambition, Aaron Connolly, Xavier Simons, Liam Delap, Scott Twine, and Ruben Vinagre signed so far, with Philogene and another from us to follow, they spent quite a bit of money last season as well signing players from Turkey, as well as bringing in Seri from Fulham, who was actually quite good for them in promotion season, to the point where a lot of Fulham fans were surprised they let him go.

You’d think a forward line of Twine, Philogene and Delap would be good in that division…

Dont know a lot about the other players though. 

45 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Davis… Hause… Olsen? 😮😆

Surely not Archer… what can they afford?

Looking at their squad they only have 3 CBs so Hause is a good shout. As @useless says they already have good attacking players so not likely to be Davis or Archer

Edited by villan95

The thing that makes me doubt it's Hause is that the article stating that they're going for a second Villa player, suggests it's one that will further the idea that they could be serious promotion challegers, for same reason I doubt it would be Tommi O'Reilly or Reven either, those two probably wouldn't get Championship moves anyway and would be doing well to League One.

17 minutes ago, useless said:

The thing that makes me doubt it's Hause is that the article stating that they're going for a second Villa player, suggests it's one that will further the idea that they could be serious promotion challegers, for same reason I doubt it would be Tommi O'Reilly or Reven either, those two probably wouldn't get Championship moves anyway and would be doing well to League One.

Surely Hause is a good signing for most championship teams if he can stay fit. Or I suppose it could be Iroegbunam.

Edited by villan95

Is Luis Sinisterra worth looking at ? Scored a goal every 2 games worth of minutes in a poor Leeds team. Left winger but can play right and a mate for Duran, plus knows the league so less adaptation time. 

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

some mumurings that the Acuna deal is off as Seville want daft money for a 31 year old on his final year of contract.

hope we go for Tavares instead

If they look at some of the fees paid for players in the last year of their contract, during this window (Kane & Rice to name two), the money they are asking for the player might not seem quite so daft to them.

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why all this mystery about the other player Hull want to sign from us? lol

It’s because fans would be mystified if they knew who it was. However, I’ve cracked it.

Bailey never went on an unsanctioned trip to Majorca last week and stole a Jet Ski. He’d obviously caught a quick flight to Hull and was  Jet Skiing in the Humber before his proposed move. He’ll love it in Hull.