Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

9 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I've got a gut feeling we'll make a move for Maguire. Not thrilled but we need a vocal defender and organiser, and he'd give that. Has a point to prove. Mind he'll lose his England spot if he joined us as conkface sees our club as kryptonite.

I actually think Maguire is quite good but limited. If used correctly he is really effective and good. He would though, not fit our system even the slightest, he basically only plays left sided, which we don't need as much, he is slow meaning he is not capable at playing in a high line, and is extremely error prone on the ball. He would be fantastic for a more defensive side.  

10 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Last year offseason he said something in an interview about having to manage his game time due to his knee as he did his ACL a few years back, he may not be physically able to play as many games as we need.

Yeah Emery had no problem playing him at right back for Arsenal but he was more mobile back then. He isn't the answer for any position but useful squad cover.

27 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I've got a gut feeling we'll make a move for Maguire. Not thrilled but we need a vocal defender and organiser, and he'd give that. Has a point to prove. Mind he'll lose his England spot if he joined us as conkface sees our club as kryptonite.

If I'm honest, I'm not as batshit scared about Maguire as others seem to be.

Big game experience, used to pressure, probably just needs new surroundings and a fresh start.

Hasn't become a terrible player over night.

Not saying this would be my first choice either, maybe Laporte?

Just imo of course.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

We need competition for Kamara, a left sided attacker a new #10 then see where we are at. No need to worry as plenty of time left and one freak result doesn’t define a season. Forget about other teams and Mings and focus on the positives. 

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Did Foyth struggle at Spurs? If so, what the reason? Physicality? Speed? 

Physicality. I do have some concerns he might not be suited to the PL if I'm honest. He was pretty young when he was at Spurs thou.

Edit: Should add I think he mainly played CB for Spurs.

Edited by sne
  • Thanks 1

Only way it makes sense is if we received a good offer for Digne?

Would prefer younger players with longevity and potential/development in them…

Dunno how legit the link actually is…

We need a RB if anything for defence…

Moreno shouldn’t be too far away but will need time…