Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I love the bit about the breakfasts.....so informal, and yet so bonding, all singing off the same hymn sheet.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I love the bit about the breakfasts.....so informal, and yet so bonding, all singing off the same hymn sheet.

Double breakfast. My favourite meal of the day!

31 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

He was a couple of years ago, but in today's crazy prices he'd be between £60-£80 million at least. Look at what Brighton want for Calceido, who is nowhere near as good. £40 million isn't enough for Ward-Prowse apparently. It's what McTominay and Fred are valued at. Our current squad is worth a fortune in today's market.

Agreed that our squad is now worth massive wonga in today’s market. Just annoying that the moment one of ours is out of the team he seems to be worth nothing, whilst plop and co seem to get multi millions for their reserves. Davis is a case in point. And I expect we’ll see the same if we try and sell donk…

• Like 1

I'd be perfectly happy if our business was done already. I mentioned months ago that we didn't need loads of signings, just a couple of real quality that can push this squad on and we've done that imo. 

Depending how you feel about Archer you could argue a backup striker could be needed but personally I'm good with Archer as backup, think he'll be fine, and still have Duran. 

Great summer for us.

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

Agreed that our squad is now worth massive wonga in today’s market. Just annoying that the moment one of ours is out of the team he seems to be worth nothing, whilst plop and co seem to get multi millions for their reserves. Davis is a case in point. And I expect we’ll see the same if we try and sell donk…

Davis would be worth very little even if he was at Liverpool or Man City.  He's worth what he's worth.  The thing is that as our squad gets better then the players falling out the bottom will become worth more.  Liverpool's reserves tend to be international players or players that have European competition experience - not players whose career highlights have been a decent season in the U21s and a loan to League One (as an example rather than specifically related to Davis).  Just looking at our midfielders - Donks is probably now our weakest CM and he's still playing regularly for Belgium.  So it stands to reason that we'll have more chance to get a decent fee for him (compared to remaining FFP "value") than we would have more some of the players who have left over the last two or three seasons.

44 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'd be perfectly happy if our business was done already. I mentioned months ago that we didn't need loads of signings, just a couple of real quality that can push this squad on and we've done that imo. 

Depending how you feel about Archer you could argue a backup striker could be needed but personally I'm good with Archer as backup, think he'll be fine, and still have Duran. 

Great summer for us.

7.5/10 summer for me so far.  I think it will end up being at least a 9/10.  There's no way that Emery / Monchi aren't trying to add a couple more players.

59 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I pay little attention to Man City, but my impression was of him starting more often than not. I might be wrong though!

I think he may have done eventually. There’s no doubting the strength and depth of their squad though and squad strength and depth always becomes important the deeper we go into the season. Last season highlighted that with Arsenal falling away dramatically. Even within games it makes a difference. When the manager looks around for a game changer and loads of young hopeful kids look back desperately and almost as frightened as opposed to a few million quid  worth of seasoned pros it must make a huge difference to the decision making and the result of the decision too!

54 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Great summer for us.

I pretty much with this, been a fantastic window for us so far. Wouldn't mind us getting another striking option.

I'm more concerned about keeping hold of some of our better players at this point. We want teams to come in for Davis, Sanson etc. When in reality there more likely to come in for Dougie, Konsa, Watkins.

If we can keep hold of those type of players then I will be very happy with the transfer window.

Especially if we can get a back up keeper, right back and striker 😊😊

23 minutes ago, allani said:

7.5/10 summer for me so far.  I think it will end up being at least a 9/10.  There's no way that Emery / Monchi aren't trying to add a couple more players.

Yeah agree with around 7 out of 10. The quality of signings is certainly there but a couple more additions would really elevate things. Think another forward would make a difference whether that’s a centre forward, another winger or more of a number 10 playmaker I don’t know but it looks like Emery wants to play with Watkins, Diaby + another as the advanced players, I’m not convinced Buendia, Bailey or Coutinho (plus Philogene, still a wildcard) as the + 1 are reliable / consistent enough if we want to break into that top 6 as permanent members 

Edited by david-avfc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Anyone seen this. Felix off to join that famous CL team Al-Hilal apparently.

Well, technically they are in the Champions League. The Asian Champions League😉

They have won it four times in fact.

Edited by duke313

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

How about these bellends?

spacer.png

Have to be the same two blokes I heard on the train back to Stourbridge after a match last season.

Debating in all seriousness how much money to spend on Ivan Toney.

The fact that he might have better options than a relegation battle in Dingle land was completely lost on them!

Edited by MarkLillis

If a player cannot get a contract where he wants at a price he thinks he deserves, he goes to Saudis. The players who are correctly priced are finding jobs in the best teams in the best leagues. 

58 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Have to be the same two blokes I heard on the train back to Stourbridge after a match last season.

Debating in all seriousness how much money to spend on Ivan Toney.

The fact that he might have better options than a relegation battle in Dingle land was completely lost on them!

You’d have thought they’d know that Toney doesn’t have a Portuguese passport???

• Like 1

Lets start at number 1 and work from there.

Well our number 1 will be playing in Europe, won copalibertadores the world cup and Been voted by FIFA as the best keeper in the world. 

So I guess he wouldn't make it. 

2 to 11 WTF

• Like 1