Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, I Make Pies said:

Once Brighton sign Kudus we will be the lowest spenders out of last season's top 8.

Wages . Consider wages as well. All 3 of ours will be earning over 6 mill a year. And we have taken a v v good player on a free 

• Like 1

On 05/08/2023 at 09:37, thunderball said:

I am someone who can’t see where he would play, I.e. who he would replace in our midfield, but I guess it’s a different mindset now, building a squad of players with different skills for different opponents or phases of a game, using the bench, not just a set 11.

It’s definitely a squad game now. The annual champions have £100m Jack Grealish on the bench and pay him over £300K a week to sit there. But then that’s a different story. 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

It’s definitely a squad game now. The annual champions have £100m Jack Grealish on the bench and pay him over £300K a week to sit there. But then that’s a different story. 

I pay little attention to Man City, but my impression was of him starting more often than not. I might be wrong though!

1 hour ago, sne said:

While still having brought in Diaby, Tielemans and Torres. That's fantastic.

Very good business so far and still a few weeks left to add more wherever nessecary.

Hopefully we will have offloaded a few more fringe players too by the end of the window.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, I Make Pies said:

Once Brighton sign Kudus we will be the lowest spenders out of last season's top 8.

We absolutely didn't need to go crazy.

Our points per game under Emery was excellent. The squad chemistry was good. We just needed a few signings to mix in with what we're already doing. We didn't need to change half the first team and stutter as we're trying to bed everyone in.

I'd argue we've spent our money very, very well. Tielemans was on a free.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

I pay little attention to Man City, but my impression was of him starting more often than not. I might be wrong though!

Their squad rotation is nuts, they've effectively got grealish, mahrez and foden starting 30 something games each and Alvarez in the 20s I think

When you throw in to consideration they played about 60 games last year its a huge part of why they did the treble, come the end of this season the likes of grealish, Dias, gvardiol etc will have played less games than saka, rice etc despite city playing more games overall

• Like 1

Sky sports reporting two unnamed prem clubs are after Kasper Schmeichel.

Sounds like one is Forest. Would any one take him over Olsen.

Reports saying he's none to popular with his teammates at Nice.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, markc said:

Sky sports reporting two unnamed prem clubs are after Kasper Schmeichel.

Sounds like one is Forest. Would any one take him over Olsen.

Reports saying he's none to popular with his teammates at Nice.

Has his finger healed from the Ramsey assault 🤔 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dodgyknees said:

And Tielemans is worth £40m

He was a couple of years ago, but in today's crazy prices he'd be between £60-£80 million at least. Look at what Brighton want for Calceido, who is nowhere near as good. £40 million isn't enough for Ward-Prowse apparently. It's what McTominay and Fred are valued at. Our current squad is worth a fortune in today's market.

3 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

He was a couple of years ago, but in today's crazy prices he'd be between £60-£80 million at least. Look at what Brighton want for Calceido, who is nowhere near as good. £40 million isn't enough for Ward-Prowse apparently. It's what McTominay and Fred are valued at. Our current squad is worth a fortune in today's market.

Caceido is young though - big premium, W-P wrong side of 25.

That's not our problem thankfully. We seem to have gotten our recent targets at great prices compared to many clubs, for players in their prime. I'd rather spend £35-£45 million on Diaby, knowing what he has already achieved, than £72 million on a young striker who has only played about 68 senior games and is nowhere near the finished article. Right now Man UFC's main striker isn't as good as Archer! He may well become a tour de force in a few years, but then again he might not.