Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Looks like the background from the kit announcement video? It’s likely a production sample using one of the crew to get the framing / lighting etc right before filming the players. Not sure why it’s on Twitter. 🤷 

The geezer doesn’t look like a footballer physique to me but then neither does John McGinn 😀

....Is probably the correct answer. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I could see a bit of resemblance to Jeremy Doku. Anyone else see it?

Doku has got a slightly rounder face and is a bit chunkier. (it's a good excuse to pull up pictures of good looking blokes without worrying about browsing history, lol) 

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

Doku has got a slightly rounder face and is a bit chunkier. (it's a good excuse to pull up pictures of good looking blokes without worrying about browsing history, lol) 

When are we signing Margot Robbie? That will be a good day. 

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

When are we signing Margot Robbie? That will be a good day. 

I've just looked quickly at about a hundred images of Margot .... I don't think it's her in the video, but I'll go back and check a bit more carefully.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

It's really about you posting nonsense from twitter in the transfer thread. Accounts with handfuls of followers looking to get attention and you supplying it.

A question I want to ask those who love to spam the forum. Do you even look at the number of followers an account has? Ask why this random nonsense twitter account would have some information and you must bring this to the attention of everyone.

People can post whatever they want in here basically. I can also continue to call out people who post clearly nonsense bullshit

/Rant

Not to enrage you further, but over 20 posts since you posted this being discussion of the very tweet you were incensed about is hilarious.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

It's the guy from Coming to America. What a signing 

Edited by Roitorb
Sorry didn’t mean to quote I don’t know what happened

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

I definitely agree with you about Unai knowing best. Monchi is another guy who examines the person as well as the player. I trust them to get it right.

I'm just asking the questions that I have in my head based on (a) watching both Felix (briefly) and Ferran play in the Premier League, and seeing the outcome for both players, and (b) reading their own recent personal comments on where they see their immediate respective future's.

I know many might think me daft, but I would genuinely prefer Brennan Johnson to either Joao Felix or Ferran Torres, in terms of what I would expect them to contribute to our long term future. 

I won’t call you daft but I cannot agree…

In my view, if there’s an opportunity to bring in a top class player that could elevate our team, even the club, then we should take it and players can be “won over” or “converted” if they come into a positive and enjoyable atmosphere/environment - which I believe we have at the club.

I don’t think Unai would sign anyone who wasn’t deemed a good fit or too much of a risk, more research goes into signing these days than ever before, especially by credible and knowledgable people such as him and Monchi.

Regarding those players, we don’t even know (for sure) whether Unai is even interested… all we do know is that we tried for Felix in January and Unai rates and likes him, even calling him “special”…

I’ve never heard a word from him regarding Johnson…

Edited by Jas10

27 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Not to enrage you further, but over 20 posts since you posted this being discussion of the very tweet you were incensed about is hilarious.

I think a few members may be better served applying for roles on the mod team…

Could be argued that the comments of least worth are those complaining as to how forums and threads should be run… and exactly what content should appear on here…

Some people seem to object to a bit of free discussion and humour… why bother logging on and posting to complain about that and contributing nothing else?

I don’t get it…  we’re not robots either…

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've just looked quickly at about a hundred images of Margot .... I don't think it's her in the video, but I'll go back and check a bit more carefully.

One look is excusable....a hundred requires a character consultation.

• Haha 2