Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Really? That much better? Just asking, I don’t know.

I think we could do with more of a physically dominant midfielder as an option, literally a better version of Dendoncker but with more skill, technical prowess, passing ability, agility and composure… along with the strength, height, aerial & defensive ability…

I love our midfielders but I always carry a slight concern that we could be physically dominated in certain games and could do with that extra bit of strength and resilience… I’d like to see us overpower the opposition for a change in that sense.

However, the technical ability and elegance of our midfielders will see us dominate in a different way and “outplay” a lot of teams, dictate and control possession… wonderful ability on the ball and in the pass…

It’s just nice to have different options…

From what I’ve seen I think so. They fell apart after he got injured.  Many here will not agree but we’ll see who is more sought after. 

1 hour ago, Bazmonkey said:

There's two

Plus a reserve goalie 

But definitely a RB and striker 

The problem with getting a "quality" goalkeeper in is they'll want to be playing. Also not great for finances if sign someone on 100k + just to sit on the bench and get the odd run out in league cup.

Profile I imagine will be signing a keeper under 25 and that can obviously go either way given experienced keepers we've signed like Nyland and Olsen have been s***.

Can't see another CF signed.

Ollie, Archer and Diaby able to play centrally is enough to get through to January imo so would imagine we'll be looking at adding one more attacker to allow Diaby to move across if Ollie is unavailable. Duran may stick around aswell.

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Ahh 😥 yeah I bet that’s it… still a bit odd though.

Yeah first thought he’s doing an Ashley Young and coming back for a bit.  I know he’s not the same player anymore but it certainly pulled on the heart strings.  Then my brain worked and remembered he played for DC and we are there so just likely an interview 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The problem with getting a "quality" goalkeeper in is they'll want to be playing. Also not great for finances if sign someone on 100k + just to sit on the bench and get the odd run out in league cup.

Profile I imagine will be signing a keeper under 25 and that can obviously go either way given experienced keepers we've signed like Nyland and Olsen have been s***.

Can't see another CF signed.

Ollie, Archer and Diaby able to play centrally is enough to get through to January imo so would imagine we'll be looking at adding one more attacker to allow Diaby to move across if Ollie is unavailable. Duran may stick around aswell.

They will be playing. We have assuming we get to play at least the group stage 48 games this season. Emi will have probably 10 international games too. And we could play like 65 if we go all the way in every competition. 

They should get at least 10 starts. 

I personally think our transfer business has been outstanding so far. People will always want endless more quality players but ultimately we've signed potentially three players who all should improve our first 11 (only two if the Tielemans of last 18 months at Leicester turns out for us).

We've also signed them all well in advance of the season so they can settle in nicely during pre season.

When you look at some of our competitors then Spurs still have the Kane issue to sort out and as of yet have signed no one in defence for a backline that shipped 60 + goals last season, Chelsea still have a void in central midfield with them at deadlock over the Caciedo move, Fulham are in a bit of disarray with interest in likes of Mitrovic, West Ham haven't signed anyone to replace Rice and had a poor domestic season anyway and Palace lost Zaha. Brentford also lost Toney up to January and seem to be going with their existing options.

Something will have to go very wrong for us to be in any danger of being in the bottom half after a decent number of games have been played next season imo. I think we'll pretty much be in the top 6-7 all season and who knows who we'll sign in the next month to further enhance those chances.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

They will be playing. We have assuming we get to play at least the group stage 48 games this season. Emi will have probably 10 international games too. And we could play like 65 if we go all the way in every competition. 

They should get at least 10 starts. 

Not sure on europe. Can't remember what Emery did at Arsenal but I don't think Martinez will be too happy at being a sub in that competition, yeah League cup you can play second keeper in although let's hope there's a better level than what Olsen showed at Old Trafford as that was the main reason we got knocked out.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

It’s mostly bullshit, easy and obvious rumours/links to make up about players going there… especially at this current time…

We’re gonna see more and more of it online…

Someone made quite an interesting point though, for the players that have opted to move there… that to some of them it might comes a bit of a “culture shock”, a struggle to adapt and they may be in a hurry to return after a few months over there…

To many younger players (like Diaby?) it must be more interesting to test themselves and play in proper competitions and high level games rather than just move for riches - what appeal is there beyond that? The option may still be there for when they reach the tail-end of their careers too…

Mbappe doesn’t seem keen either does he? Despite the ridiculous riches in offer…

It’s a very poor league and standard of football … I don’t see how quality players will find the motivation to play well, compete etc. further themselves…

The money isn’t everything… there’s got to be players with more “passion for the game” than just getting filthy rich…

It’s not like they’re not paid handsomely as it is…

My pal lived there for many years, before moving to Dubai......said it was not a very nice place to live.....So there will be a trade off for them.

Maybe a problem for them to build a new league.

Just now, nick76 said:

Yeah first thought he’s doing an Ashley Young and coming back for a bit.  I know he’s not the same player anymore but it certainly pulled on the heart strings.  Then my brain worked and remembered he played for DC and we are there so just likely an interview 

Beyond the sentimentality I don’t think he’d be able to do it for us trying to compete in the top half of PL. maybe 2-3 years ago, but not now sadly 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Beyond the sentimentality I don’t think he’d be able to do it for us trying to compete in the top half of PL. maybe 2-3 years ago, but not now sadly 

Yeah totally agree, peak Benteke that we had way back would’ve been awesome in an Emery team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Did you see him at palace ? He’s been shot for years now and shit since 2016 … he had an 18 month period when he was unplayable … 

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Not sure on europe. Can't remember what Emery did at Arsenal but I don't think Martinez will be too happy at being a sub in that competition, yeah League cup you can play second keeper in although let's hope there's a better level than what Olsen showed at Old Trafford as that was the main reason we got knocked out.

Certainly not in some games. But you can't risk Emi by having him play essentially 70 games in a calendar year. League cup, FA cup, group stage games all can easily be played by a backup keeper. And as we advance deeper into those competitions he can also play vs some of the worse prem teams too.

Its just that keeper needs to be better than Olsen. Look at West ham with Areola being their backup keeper l.