Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Emery seems to want a RB/CB hybrid with good technical skills. Never heard of Pubill but he is tall and Spanish so probably fits both categories.

Out of our current crop of young RBs Tristan Rowe is the closest type to what Emery wants imo but he is only 15 or 16.

28 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

20yr old, LaLiga 2 player, whose team finished below mid table in LaLiga 2.....

am i missing something!?!?, is he super highly rated or something?

This is exactly what Monchi was bought in for. 

Triston Rowe is a strange one as he plays in central defence or fullback, so might make one think he's primiarily a defensive minded player, but when he plays right-back from what I've seen he's very attack minded, very good on the ball in terms of running with it and dribbling past players, I think long-term he will be seen as an attacking fullback, haven't seen much of him in central defence, but one game I did see he was given tough time by Albion U21 strikers, he was fifteen at the time though, playing two age groups up, and the Albion attackers that were players that really should have been on out on loan.

Obviously he's not close to being one of our two first choice right-backs at the moment and not for a good while yet, but this coming season he will be the same age that Kadan Young and Travis Patterson were last season, and he's been on a similar trajectory to them, in terms of England youth career, and the way he's always played an age or two up, so as I said I wouldn't be surprised if he's training with the first team before long, and maybe makes a few match day squads, could say the same for Broggio and Lynch as well.

I think new right-back will probably be a relatively young one, but one that's already somewhat established so is ready to Challenge Cash right away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

20yr old, LaLiga 2 player, whose team finished below mid table in LaLiga 2.....

am i missing something!?!?, is he super highly rated or something?

That there were 10 other players in the team, he was only 19 and also made 11 La Liga appearances at 18.

Bristol City have had plenty of underwhelming seasons while Alex Scott has been breaking through. Same with Reading and Olise. I appreciate the league is stronger, but I don't think you can judge an individual solely on their teams performance. If we hadn't signed Kellyman from Derby, he'd probably be playing for an extremely average league 1 side this coming season!

I think we have to trust they have enough knowledge of him to either be confident he will develop well, or could develop well and is cheap enough to take a punt.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

What about the Leeds keeper as backup to Martinez? I think he's better than he could show at Leeds given their awful defensive structure.

I know plenty will disagree as he has made some pretty bad errors, but I think Meslier could develop extremely well. The problem is, they'd probably ask for enough money to buy any 2 top goalkeeping prospects around.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Meslier is much better with the ball at his feet than Olsen is, but he's still a calamity when it comes to everything else...  So, I guess he's an improvement, but Leeds will want 20+ million for him.  

Meslier was openly saying he would be open to a move to Chelsea earlier in the window and is currently being linked to Spurs as Leeds look likely to sign Karl Darlow, so they've probably got a buyer for Meslier lined up, the talk is he will cost upwards of twenty million, we won't be spending that on a back-up goalkeeper and he probably wouldn't sign for us a back up goalkeeper.

I doubt we will sign a young goalie anyway, more likely an older one happy to sit on the bench until Sinisalo, Marschall, or whoever is ready to be No.2.

If we were to sign a young keeper I think it would more likely be someone like Josh Griffiths from West Brom or Michael Cooper from Plymouth, but even they would be difficult to get as second choice options.

• Thanks 1

Mentioned him before but Robert Sanchez is now at best 3rd/4th choice at Brighton - questionable attitude but maybe he’s matured and learned his lesson. Great shot stopper on his day…   

• Like 1

Just read a google story that we are going to Piss Wet Spam off by signing a Moroccan midfielder that they are after.

Can’t see us bringing in another midfield player

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just read a google story that we are going to Piss Wet Spam off by signing a Moroccan midfielder that they are after.

Can’t see us bringing in another midfield player

Amrabat is the name, most likely bollox