Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

34 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Wes and Davis appearing as blank cutouts on the website because they weren’t photographed in last season’s kit, let alone this season’s 

They were blank cutouts on the pitch when they did play so it's quite appropriate. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I suppose we are banking on Watkins playing 40+ games and not getting injured or suspended.

Duran and Archer unproven at the level.

Watkins was also a Championship striker when we paid 30m-ish for him

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

No thanks to gnonto. We can do much, much better

I like Gnonto I like doku more like the poster said who already replied to you.

my point would be more the system would have to change to play them 

7 hours ago, AshVilla said:

If were not bringing in another striker better pray that Watkins doesnt pick up any long term injuries.

What we going to do rely on Archer/Duran?

Happy to rely on Archer, he has done it at the level below. As far as an academy product goes he couldn’t be much more proven.

19 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Cash played the whole game -- I think we need another RB

Worried if he has no competition and gets too comfortable. At the least, he should have to fight and push for that spot in the team…an upgrade would be more welcome… 

It’s likely there will be certain games when Konsa plays there but not consistently, I would think… 

One of the priorities, for me, though, is to replace Olsen. It almost doesn’t matter if we continue to strengthen other positions, if we don’t address that GK situation (if Olsen will end up playing a significant amount of games) then it’ll kind of be undone when he plays and makes his mistakes and brings all that nervousness and anxiety… He can’t be relied on, it’s a big problem… he costs us points and games…

There is no greater drop off in any other position than when Emi is replaced by Olsen…

Sort that, and we have little to fear…

• Like 2

No disrespect to the young guys who were fantastic but I think that game showed we are a little bit light for numbers in terms of senior players, compared to Newcastle who virtually had 2 senior elevens to choose from.

That said, I guess we still have Diaby, Donk, Bailey, Coutinho, Moreno and Ramsey to come back, so we can afford to move a couple more on if we are going to have a few more come in 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ponky said:

No disrespect to the young guys who were fantastic but I think that game showed we are a little bit light for numbers in terms of senior players, compared to Newcastle who virtually had 2 senior elevens to choose from.

That said, I guess we still have Diaby, Donk, Bailey, Coutinho, Moreno and Ramsey to come back, so we can afford to move a couple more on if we are going to have a few more come in 

We do not have a small squad!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Elliot Anderson looks a talent.

Going OT here but shouted him out a couple of years back, never seen him play but I was working with a geordie in Bristol who's lad had just been released by the Newcastle academy, told me Anderson was the one to watch, they don't have a good academy but he was going to make it, raved about him, said he was a good kid too with his head in the right place

Also told me that when his lad and newcastle played villa Tim in the middle was like watching a man vs boys, he was another level altogether

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Already ridiculous rebuttal. How many did we score in Emery 25 games and what was that relative to form table last 25

It really isn't.  Our goals per game record is the worst of any team that Emery has managed in his career.  Diaby will help to change that but we still need a more balanced attack in the final third.  We're getting there for sure.  But I'd like another attacking option so that we can give our younger players the best chance of adjusting to PL football and succeeding.

Edited by allani

Kaylor navas would do for a couple million quid. 36 years old, still a decent keeper and can't be worse than olsen. 2 year contract giving a pathway for the youngsters to take their opportunity.

Get it done 

• Like 2