Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Do we think Cam will be 2nd choice to Ollie now? Not much more he could’ve done at Championship level, deserves a chance at least?

I’m very undecided/unclear on our CF situation tbh… 

At least Unai will get a good look at him during preseason and decide accordingly… let’s see how he gets on in these friendlies, hopefully gets a significant amount of game time…

If Duran is going on loan, it might indicate that Archer is sticking around… we need him to if we’re not signing a striker.

Maybe we won’t go for another CF and just a versatile attacker (maybe Diaby) to cover the forward positions as required…

I still think we’re after a striker….Emery has said a couple of times over the last six months, we keep having links to strikers…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I still think we’re after a striker….Emery has said a couple of times over the last six months, we keep having links to strikers…

Out and out CF? Or a versatile forward?

Cam’s got to stake his claim now… how many more loans?

38 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think we are after a 10 who can also play as a striker.  So we can play both when they are both available and then if Ollie is out we have the option of either starting the 10 up front or starting Archer.  I think having a new 10 and Diaby means that taking Ollie off after 60/70 mins is less risky (than it is with Buendia / Bailey) and so - assuming Archer doesn't go on loan - we'd be able to play him into the team without there being an immediate pressure on him to be our primary goal threat.

2 hours ago, useless said:

I had a look at this forum around the time Felix signed for Atlético and only saw one poster question the fee, most of the other comments were along the lines of him being a future star in the Ronaldo or Messi category and likely ending up somehwere like Real Madrid or Paris Saint-Germain.

It's easy to say it's a strange transfer in hindsight but at the time hardly anyone was saying as such, and the ones that thought the fee high were still regarding him as one of the top young players in Europe.

I think he just hasnt progressed, he just appeared as he was and is now making him exceptional for a 17 year old. The way he plays to see a young player doing it you would expect great things. At 23 and over 200 games he has a goal scoring record of 1 in 4.

I still dont want him. 

3 minutes ago, allani said:

I think we are after a 10 who can also play as a striker.  So we can play both when they are both available and then if Ollie is out we have the option of either starting the 10 up front or starting Archer.  I think having a new 10 and Diaby means that taking Ollie off after 60/70 mins is less risky (than it is with Buendia / Bailey) and so - assuming Archer doesn't go on loan - we'd be able to play him into the team without there being an immediate pressure on him to be our primary goal threat.

I think we are looking for both and then pick the best player/fit we can get of one of them.  I think we can utilise well either option and we are being linked with both types.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

This name keeps popping up. 

Just watched his YouTube. Yes please. Big guy but also comfy with the ball at his feet. Sold. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Just watched his YouTube. Yes please. Big guy but also comfy with the ball at his feet. Sold. 

His headed goals are sensational and he's strong as an OX, terrible defending mind but I reckon he would suit the premier league. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tinker said:

His headed goals are sensational and he's strong as an OX, terrible defending mind but I reckon he would suit the premier league. 

Definitely different to what we have!

My worry would be pace, looks more of a battering ram than a thoroughbred!

• Like 1

Just now, macandally said:

Looks a bit slow but decent control in tight spots, likes to turn defenders as well, it's his strength that's his main positive plus that head, like having a foot on forehead.

Have to temper it all though as the defenders and general play around him was very poor,  lower than championship and Davies can look world class at that level.......apart from not scoring goals. 

3 minutes ago, macandally said:

We need that though when teams defend deep against us.  We saw last season as teams started to respect us more.  We found our play of getting behind struggled because there was no space behind.  Getting a different option would be good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Arnau Martinez is the right back for me. This is an unpopular opinion, but Cash sticks out like a sore thumb in our XI now in terms of ability. Martinez would fit in well, and wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg. Prefer him to Fresneda. 

Have to agree, He isn’t good enough for where we want to be next season, have to get a new right back in

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think we are looking for both and then pick the best player/fit we can get of one of them.  I think we can utilise well either option and we are being linked with both types.

Looking for both or looking at both?  I'd be surprised if we signed both.  I do think that Ollie's "style" gives us more flexibility in formation than many other teams would have.  I'm not suggesting that we should move him from the CF role but his natural pressing and tendency to drift left means that our attack can be quite dynamic around him (without us sticking him as a left / right "winger").