Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

RIght-back and goalkeeper signings will be interesting as we haven't really been linked to any players in those positions.

So looks like a goalkeeper, right-back, and another attacking player for sure, other signings might depend on out goings.

45 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Suppose it's not really any groundbreaking update but Matt Maher - who is fairly reliable - has said we're looking for a right back and possibly a keeper.

I think that much is obvious since we only have Cash at RB and Olsen as a 2nd GK.

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can never be underestimated and why I don't get the buzz over Felix who I think is horrifically overrated on here

He’s a £30m player at best. Not the £126m or so he cost Atletico

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It was a bizarre transfer, you can only assume corruption was involved. 

Clearly must be with Mendes. His talent and achievement didn't and still do not justify it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It was a bizarre transfer, you can only assume corruption was involved. 

The deal was as dodgy as Wolves buying  that other Mendes client Fabio Silva at a record fee from Porto for £35m despite him being worth nowhere near that 

I had a look at this forum around the time Felix signed for Atlético and only saw one poster question the fee, most of the other comments were along the lines of him being a future star in the Ronaldo or Messi category and likely ending up somehwere like Real Madrid or Paris Saint-Germain.

It's easy to say it's a strange transfer in hindsight but at the time hardly anyone was saying as such, and the ones that thought the fee high were still regarding him as one of the top young players in Europe.

• Like 1

Arnau Martinez is the right back for me. This is an unpopular opinion, but Cash sticks out like a sore thumb in our XI now in terms of ability. Martinez would fit in well, and wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg. Prefer him to Fresneda. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, useless said:

I had a look at this forum around the time Felix signed for Atlético and only saw one poster question the fee, most of the other comments were along the lines of him being a future star in the Ronaldo or Messi category and likely ending up somehwere like Real Madrid or Paris Saint-Germain.

It's easy to say it's a strange transfer in hindsight but at the time hardly anyone was saying as such, and the ones that thought the fee high were still regarding him as one of the top young players in Europe.

Not dissimilar to us when we signed coutinho...albeit on a lesser scale. 

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

I hope we get a few more after Diaby but wouldn't surprise me if we have to move a couple of players on (like Chambers) before any more incomings.

I think there will be a few more arrivals following Diaby definately. How many that will be will depend on how many players we choose to move on

I do agree there are still a fair few of our players that need moved on or loaned out and we seem to be progressing well so far on that front too. Young, Steer & Nakamba have left and Sinisalo loaned out.

Chambers, Hause, Dendonker, Traoré, Duran, Wes, Davis and possibly even consider Coutinho and Digne too.

That's without considering a few of the youngsters on the fringes of the first team going out on loan too.

• Like 1

Do we think Cam will be 2nd choice to Ollie now? Not much more he could’ve done at Championship level, deserves a chance at least?

I’m very undecided/unclear on our CF situation tbh… 

At least Unai will get a good look at him during preseason and decide accordingly… let’s see how he gets on in these friendlies, hopefully gets a significant amount of game time…

If Duran is going on loan, it might indicate that Archer is sticking around… we need him to if we’re not signing a striker.

Maybe we won’t go for another CF and just a versatile attacker (maybe Diaby) to cover the forward positions as required…

• Like 1

Just now, villan-scott said:

This name keeps popping up. 

It’s the same story though (worded the same)… doubtful but intriguing…

Would be excited if we actually signed him… but it’s likely to be more itk/media bs…