Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Sometimes people erroneously say 'Athletico', they are possibly combining two Spanish team names - Athletic Bilbao and Atletico Madrid.

Thanks.....I have learnt something.....I thought they was both Athletico.

but it seems we are not getting players from either.( there)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Ah no, I was just joking with the eeether eyether pronunciation :) but it obviously didn’t work as a joke! 😆 

oh it did.

16 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Correct And felix is that player i feel would be perfect as he can get goals

Diaby and Felix either side of watkins, well felix would be more centralized to the left but we could make that work im sure of it

I would back Archer to score more.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Both of them started of as Athletic. They both uses Southampton’s shirt now. When they was formed they initially played in Blackburn shirts, but when they sent somebody to England to buy more Blackburn shirts, they couldn’t get enough, and ended up buying 50 Southampton shirts instead.

During Franco, they both was called Atlético, but only Athletic Club de Bilbao changed their name back.

If we are going to be really pedantic the correct spelling is: Atlético de Madrid.

There’s a long-read about this on The Atlétic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TRO said:

In terms of his Output....he is less efficient than Ollie.

I'm jumping in here and it's probably already been said but one of these guys is a striker and the other one an attacking midfielder. I also think Simeone plays the most dire football imaginable, and Felix just isn't suited to playing such boring awful negative football. Living in Madrid I tried to get interested in them, nostalgic a bit because of our epic Uefa Cup tie back in the day, but my word they are hard to watch. I wasted my money a couple of times, but never again. 

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I'm jumping in here and it's probably already been said but one of these guys is a striker and the other one an attacking midfielder. I also think Simeone plays the most dire football imaginable, and Felix just isn't suited to playing such boring awful negative football. Living in Madrid I tried to get interested in them, nostalgic a bit because of our epic Uefa Cup tie back in the day, but my word they are hard to watch. I wasted my money a couple of times, but never again. 

Fair to say he’d thrive in a more entertaining and attack minded team? In a more positive environment? Under a more suited and less aggressive/confrontational/temperamental manager?

I think so…

Problem is… 💰💰💰

Never thought a move was likely but he’s a player Unai clearly likes, has spoken positively about and has already tried to attract to the club…

Why people are so sure he’s a bad egg is beyond me…

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Thanks.....I have learnt something.....I thought they was both Athletico.

but it seems we are not getting players from either.( there)

No worries. It's the sort of pedantry that I live for, TRO 🤣

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Need a backup keeper. Reality check. Not a glamourous signing — just a reliable PL-level journeyman will do. 

This. We’re an injury away from having oslen as our first team goalkeeper. Not expecting someone on the level of Martinez but I’m confident he’d cost us 8-10 points if he needed to play for a more than half a season.

• Like 1