Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

To be honest Tielemans, Diaby and Pau is already getting on for the best window we’ve had… since god knows when, but if we add a striker and back up keeper… **** me sideways 

We signed Watkins and Martinez in the same window

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

We signed Watkins and Martinez in the same window

Yeah but we didn't really know how good they were when we signed - an (unwanted) reserve keeper and a winger/converted striker from the Championship.  Torres, Diaby and Tielemans arrive as next level signings.  Hopefully they'll improve / develop as much as Ollie and Emi have since arriving here.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Come on nick, let’s get on the Felix wagon and piss everyone off 🤣

I mean, I put up with your n Dave’s Tammy business for long enough 🤣

Get the thread and the gifs going! 🤣

Can’t unfortunately as his thread is in other football, we need a link

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

😂 

I would love it if we signed João Felix, but financially I cannot see it happening. Just loaning him for a season would cost €25mill, and that just isn’t worth it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

I would love it if we signed João Felix, but financially I cannot see it happening. Just loaning him for a season would cost €25mill, and that just isn’t worth it.

Something’s going to have to give, he’s not even training with A.Madrid’s first team and we are the only team that has expressed an interest.  Long shot but a small loan fee and something like 50% wages may only be A.Madrid and Felix’s good option the further time goes on.

We also don’t know how Felix is viewing us now after our end of season and already adding Tielemans, Torres and Diaby…that might impress him enough of our ambition…

Edited by nick76

9 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

He also seems to be a bit of a jumped-up arsehole. So there's that.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, est1874 said:

He also seems to be a bit of a jumped-up arsehole. So there's that.

Where did you get that from?  The reason he wants to move from Atletico is the way Simeone plays. Simeone was set to leave end of the season but it appears he’s still there. The lad just wants to enjoy football at a high level nothing wrong with that.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

There's strikers who score good goals and there's strikers who have that instinct for 15 tap ins a season,  I'll have the latter, please. 

Lineker, Clarke and Clive Allen were the best instinctual strikers I've had the pleasure of watching. 

Probably best "natural goal scorers would be a topic in itself. My all time three would be Lineker, Fowler and Greaves. Currently Haaland, Kane and Salah? 

It would be great to think that Archer could score as regularly in the PL in the coming seasons, and he did in the Championship last season. He might then get into such a list in future years, that would really be something for him to aim for. For now, I think he would be my third striker for next season alongside Watkins and a new striker such as Forest's Johnson.  

11 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Felix went to Atletico for 126m euros, I think if I got to that level, transferring to a club in the Conference League might be a tough pill to swallow too.

Take the Villa specs off for a second and it's a very reasonable position to take.

Or

Transferring to the biggest/best league in the world to a club that while isn’t in the Champions League still had the third best record since the elite manager, Emery started for over two-thirds of the season and have ready added Torres, Tielemans and Diaby to that team this window.  A team that some in the media are starting to think could challenge for Top 4.  It’s not unreasonable to think with the lack of options to elite clubs and been frozen out by his current manager that the Villa project looks (or should look) very attractive.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Felix went to Atletico for 126m euros, I think if I got to that level, transferring to a club in the Conference League might be a tough pill to swallow too.

Take the Villa specs off for a second and it's a very reasonable position to take.

Coutinho did it.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Something going to have to give, he’s not even training with A.Madrid’s first team and we are the only team that has expressed an interest.  Long shot but a small loan fee and something like 50% wages may only be A.Madrid and Felix’s good option the further time goes on.

I did see somewhere that Villa was going to revisit the Felix situation towards the end of the transfer window. Could be reasonable, considering the situation 

Felix is a massive problem for Atletico Madrid, they paid a €120mill transfer fee to sign him, and he is on €280,000 a week until 2027. Since he is not part of their future plans, they very likely want to move him on. Problem is that nobody want to pay him anywhere near £250,000 a week. He could get £52mill, just by hanging around Madrid for a few years.

A loan that have a minimal or no fee + 50% of his wages, would only save Atletico Madrid, £6-7mill per year, not sure if that makes that much difference. In addition, it could set a precedence for future seasons, and could be almost the same as they give him £25mill now, to end his contract. 

2 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

2 more signings on the level of Tielemans, Torres, Diaby and we are serious top 4 contenders

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Top 3 on form under Emery before those signings. Good times ahead

I get peoples excitement, but we need to consider that the window isn't over yet, and other team are and will also strengthen further.

The optimism is definitely there, but i don't think people to get too carried away... YET

3 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

I did see somewhere that Villa was going to revisit the Felix situation towards the end of the transfer window. Could be reasonable, considering the situation 

Felix is a massive problem for Atletico Madrid, they paid a €120mill transfer fee to sign him, and he is on €280,000 a week until 2027. Since he is not part of their future plans, they very likely want to move him on. Problem is that nobody want to pay him anywhere near £250,000 a week. He could get £52mill, just by hanging around Madrid for a few years.

A loan that have a minimal or no fee + 50% of his wages, would only save Atletico Madrid, £6-7mill per year, not sure if that makes that much difference. In addition, it could set a precedence for future seasons, and could be almost the same as they give him £25mill now, to end his contract. 

So what’s the answer? he’s already been banished out of first team training. The manager/player relationship is completely broken. Also having that player hanging around the club like that isn’t good.  Also for Spanish clubs £10m+ a season isn’t nothing to sniff at in the current climate over there.  

Then for Felix he’ll not want to lose money but he’ll want to play football because he’ll want his stock to be high for his next club for his next contract.

Additionally it might not just be a loan, it could be a loan to buy or loan with option to buy or if the loan is successful then bigger clubs might be interested in paying big fee next season end.  None of this happens if he’s sitting on the sides in Madrid.

8 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Not sure I'd be keen on Felix now, regardless of ability, he's put himself in a very awkward position with those Barca comments.  If we did sign him, what's to stop him downing tools in a couple of years to try and force a move somewhere else.  

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Side note… why does everyone use “instinctual” nowadays rather than “instinctive”?

🤣

Perhaps they are employing their grammaticalesque instinctualnessitudinossity?

.....or summat!