Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I still think we should go and get Lo Celso. 

Emery knows him well, he's played in the League before and surely wouldn't be daft money (though knowing Levy he will want £250mill plus Martinez, Mings & Watkins for him). 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Wes said:

He's gone to Milan last year for 35m euros, reportedly, and it simply has not worked for him at all. He was their big money move last year and since then he's not scored a single goal.

The hope would be is that the talent is still there, but Milan was just not well suited for him. This is a Monchi-esque move in my opinion.

Going to a club like AC Milan as their expensive attacking wunderkind led to unrealistic expectations for kid who'd never played outside of the Belgian league. Definitely has talent, though, a more stable environment where he could be eased in might well get it out of him.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wes said:

He was a very highly regarded prospect coming out of Club Brugge in Belgium the last few years. He stood out because he quite literally stood out - he's well over 6ft tall but, at the time, had great technique and ball control which is rare in someone that height.

He's gone to Milan last year for 35m euros, reportedly, and it simply has not worked for him at all. He was their big money move last year and since then he's not scored a single goal.

The hope would be is that the talent is still there, but Milan was just not well suited for him. This is a Monchi-esque move in my opinion.

He started well then Pioli killed his confidence 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Good. Trust me Joao Felix is a bad egg. Perfect for Man U.

It is the Sun though. 

So you are a no to Felix but yes to Lo Celso.  Yes slightly different positions but Felix is quality that hasn’t been tapped into whereas Lo Celso isn’t.  Lo Celso will rightly end up at Betis.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So you are a no to Felix but yes to Lo Celso.  Yes slightly different positions but Felix is quality that hasn’t been tapped into whereas Lo Celso isn’t.  Lo Celso will rightly end up at Betis.

Felix is the better player I just have a bad feeling about him.  My opinion on Celso has no baring on my thoughts on Felix. I don’t think we’ll sign either of them. 

I mean who’s this punk think he is squaring up to the great one. 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Felix is the better player I just have a bad feeling about him.  My opinion on Celso has no baring on my thoughts on Felix. I don’t think we’ll sign either of them. 

I mean who’s this punk think he is squaring up to the great one. 

spacer.png

Fair enough, I just think Felix would be superb for us.  He wasn’t used properly at A.Madrid and Chelsea was a shit show of a club last season but he looked like he cared and showed some quality. I think Emery would work wonders with him.

As for the photo, you misunderstand the photo…it was a romantic moment 😜

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Thoughts?

Interesting as from what I’ve read Purslow was always the one driving the secrecy on transfers, might just be coincidence but you never know…

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I still think we should go and get Lo Celso. 

Emery knows him well, he's played in the League before and surely wouldn't be daft money (though knowing Levy he will want £250mill plus Martinez, Mings & Watkins for him). 

Levie just wouldn't sell to us as we're direct competition. If he did he'd want us to overpay. 

46 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Seems to be widely derided by the Milan fans. 

he's definitely gone a bit quiet whereas when they signed him he was considered to have huge potential, not really done much for belgium either (same as saelemaekers, verschaaren, even doku who does look brilliant every time I've seen him only has 14 caps at 21)

zat will no doubt have seen a bit of him for milan whereas i havent

would say that 2/3 years ago there would be a proper buzz around us signing him whereas now with the diaby and chiesa links around he'd be alright but not the same level