Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

11 minutes ago, macandally said:

Said it before, genuine raw pace is an attribute you cannot coach, the rest I think Unai can develop, particularly at that age.

If the price was right, he would give us what we thought we were getting with Baillie,  the ability to turn a defence on the counter (ala Leeds counter!)

that is something we do need, and Emery does like to have players who can do that.

We thought we had that in Bailey, but we dont.

Its one reason we (allegedly) wanted Williams i guess, whether its Johnson or not who knows, but i would bet we are trying to sign one player who falls in to that "deadly on the break" type of player.

If we signed Ferran Torres and a winger/inside forward type deadly rapid /skilful player, that would be super duper.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Barca are less concerned with transfer fees and FFP, they are more concerned about getting salary off their books so they can register new players. Torres is on €120k/w or something and Fati is apparently on almost €270k/w

They won't be able to register Gündogan and so on unless they reduce their salary spending by a lot.

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Has a remaining book value to Barca of £34m. Though the loan with obligation to buy / option to buy might be good for Barca and us by getting creative. He'll be off their books and neutral in cost then they book a profit next June. 

I assume Monchi, Emery and Alemany know eachother well enough to sort out the numbers quickly

For Torres, Emery will likely have told him his best position was as that central forward and not playing wide. Torres was doing his best stuff playing as the false 9 under Pep. Torres probably knows Emery will get the best out of him and improve him and in 2 years Villa would have to sell if he's back at his peak

His versatility is what I like. 

Yes his best position might be a false 9, and that may be where he would predominantly play. But the fact he can also play on both wings, and as a 10, would give us so many options. 

Players like that really are great to have 

17 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Torres won't leave Barcelona to come here. Would be a big shock

Do you mean the villa which hasn't finished in the top half of the premier league for the last decade before now? Or the Villa which has been the 2nd or 3rd best team in the premier league for the last 8 months? 

Edited by turvontour
  • Like 1

Just now, turvontour said:

Do you mean the villa which hasn't finished in the top half of the premier league for the last decade? Or the Villa which has been the 2nd or 3rd best team in the premier league for the last 8 months? 

Both. He will  no doubt want to go to a champions league team

24 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

that is something we do need, and Emery does like to have players who can do that.

We thought we had that in Bailey, but we dont.

Its one reason we (allegedly) wanted Williams i guess, whether its Johnson or not who knows, but i would bet we are trying to sign one player who falls in to that "deadly on the break" type of player.

If we signed Ferran Torres and a winger/inside forward type deadly rapid /skilful player, that would be super duper.

Ferran isn’t rapid

53 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Has a remaining book value to Barca of £34m. Though the loan with obligation to buy / option to buy might be good for Barca and us by getting creative. He'll be off their books and neutral in cost then they book a profit next June. 

Have you seen how Barca are run, they couldn’t care less about book value. 

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

This post is nonsense.

The right way to judge creative players is xA and not actual assists. If you create a good chance and the other player misses the shot or a bad chance and he scores it. 

We judge the player on the quality of his pass and the chance he created. The finishing of the chances is what we judge the other player on.

It's not complicated 

Yes your post is nonsense!

You confirmed this as soon as you said creative players are judged not be assists, but expected assists.

The most worthy stat for judging creativity is by the number of goals they create! Not how many they SHOULD'VE created. I should be a millionaire, but I'm not. So everyone can just consider me a millionaire!

43 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Both. He will  no doubt want to go to a champions league team

The problem there is he would need a CL team to come in for him...

Same as fati and several other barca players, they have to sell because they've **** their finances, they'll have agents who are trying to move them for the most money, the most money is in the PL and saudi

If we're the only team who come in for him then he can either say no and face the music at barca (which I'm sure a few players did last summer) or he can move to us

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Yes your post is nonsense!

You confirmed this as soon as you said creative players are judged not be assists, but expected assists.

The most worthy stat for judging creativity is by the number of goals they create! Not how many they SHOULD'VE created. I should be a millionaire, but I'm not. So everyone can just consider me a millionaire!

You just show your ignorance of how modern data is used to judge players performance. 

It's very simple to understand. If I play a defence splitting pass and you just have to tap it in and you balloon it over the bar Vs I play the pass but it's behind you and you have to stop turn and then shoot but bury it in top corner. 

How do you judge the two players in the two instances. It's simple. Credit to the pass for the first and credit to the striker in the 2nd

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

We won't we've loads of home grown players in relation to the PL - JJ, Emi, Cash, Konsa, Mings, McGinn, Watkins, Archer, Chambers, Traore all currently count as "home grown" for PL squad of 25 where 8 need to be "home grown" as in UK for 3 years before they turn 22. 

Any 21 and younger players don't need to be registered they just qualify. So we can have a big squad. Really 22 players means 2 for every position. 25 is extra and then young players

Wouldnt Torres be home grown because of his city days?

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He was only with City 18 months wasn't he? 

Yes, but is the age taken into consideration?

Edit...ignore me, looks like he was 20 when he moved to city so wouldnt be considered to have come through their ranks

Edited by Nigel

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

We won't we've loads of home grown players in relation to the PL - JJ, Emi, Cash, Konsa, Mings, McGinn, Watkins, Archer, Chambers, Traore all currently count as "home grown" for PL squad of 25 where 8 need to be "home grown" as in UK for 3 years before they turn 22. 

Any 21 and younger players don't need to be registered they just qualify. So we can have a big squad. Really 22 players means 2 for every position. 25 is extra and then young players

I may be wrong, but I don't think McGinn counts as I think it is just English and Welsh FAs that are counted as home grown for the Premier league. 

I think also for Europa you need a certain number of players in the squad produced by your own academy. Think it is 4. So for me it increases the likelihood that Archer will be kept in the squad rather than loaned again

Edited by andyb82
  • Like 2

Only way this lad makes a permanent move is if Atletico are willing to make a huge loss and he’s willing to take a huge pay cut… seems unlikely unless a master negotiator can broker a deal…

Never a Simeone player… 

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Only way this lad makes a permanent move is if Atletico are willing to make a huge loss and he’s willing to take a huge pay cut… seems unlikely unless a master negotiator can broker a deal…

Never a Simeone player… 

Read someone who speculated that PSG might be interested now that Luis Enrique is taking over.