Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

23 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

For needing to ask the question... maybe

I think you got the answer though 😉.

Fair enough, and yes, I got my answer lol. It's interesting to me, the horror at even asking. The allegations and behaviors are horrific. I fully get that. No question there, absolutely not. But he still seems like a young man who got himself into grave trouble, and yet, he's not Harvey Weinstein. He's not even been sued, as far as I know.  (I've known my share of people who were remanded, including a couple of convicted murderers, so maybe my perspective is a little different.) I don't see him as irredeemable, I just don't, but that's for another thread, obviously. And even if he's not irredeemable, it sure as anything doesn't mean he's right for Villa. My sense of "reading the room" is that, well, NOPE!!!!!!!!

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Bit of weird one ... but should we look into Mason Greenwood on loan? Is that just too much baggage? I know, I know. But ...

The idea that clear domestic abuse (at best) is "baggage" has blown my mind.

We all LISTENED to him rape her. 

No. Way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

No one suggested. A question was asked. And roundly answered! I think that comparing people's natural revulsion to the allegations in the case of Greenwood with distaste and concern about a gambling sponsor is fallacious and nonsensical.  

Except you did suggest/ask whether we should look at him...but actually my point was that if fans suggest that the club should morally decline offers from betting companies however much they improve our bank balance, then it's reasonable to say fans should morally decline opportunities to sign questionable characters, however much they (may) improve our team. The link is not between the 'crimes' but as to whether football should try to be moral or sell its soul.

But anyway... back to random conjecture... 

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Fair enough, and yes, I got my answer lol. It's interesting to me, the horror at even asking. The allegations and behaviors are horrific. I fully get that. No question there, absolutely not. But he still seems like a young man who got himself into grave trouble, and yet, he's not Harvey Weinstein. He's not even been sued, as far as I know.  I don't see him as irredeemable, I just don't, but that's for another thread, obviously. 

Yeah there's degrees of bad... but he's bad. He's also old enough to know what he's doing when he's forcibly having sex with a girl that doesn't want it. 

The law let him get away with it, he wasn't found innocent though. The fact he hasn't owned up to it either tells me he is irredeemable.

Agree to disagree on that though, and yes, for another thread. 

Thankfully, I don't think Emery would go anywhere near him. We got a good core of players all seemingly good characters.  I am sure the next few signings we make will keep that vibe going. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

The idea that clear domestic abuse (at best) is "baggage" has blown my mind.

We all LISTENED to him rape her. 

No. Way. 

I didn't listen to that, personally. To suggest that anyone is minimising rape is nonsense. It's a horrible crime, obviously. But the law is the law, and he wasn't convicted. He will be legally allowed to play. 

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Young rapist's are still rapist's.

Yes. No one is suggesting otherwise, are they? But there is a difference between someone with a history of criminal sexual assault convictions and a younger adult with a charge thrown out. But the fact is, as far as the law sees it, he is not a rapist.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

with a charge thrown out

It wasn't "thrown out" though. The star witness, the complainant, dropped the charges. Indeed, they're back together.

Sadly this is a fairly common occurrence in cases of domestic abuse and/or coercive control.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'll get back to work and come back in hour. Hopefully the Greenwood posts will be done with

Probably give it a couple of hours as we’ve still not talked about the possibility of bringing in Adam Johnson yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I didn't listen to that, personally. To suggest that anyone is minimising rape is nonsense. It's a horrible crime, obviously. But the law is the law, and he wasn't convicted. He will be legally allowed to play. 

Yes. No one is suggesting otherwise, are they? But there is a difference between someone with a history of criminal sexual assault convictions and a younger adult with a charge thrown out. But the fact is, as far as the law sees it, he is not a rapist.

The charge wasn't thrown out, the victim got paid off, no doubt a million or so quid and then withdrew her complaint and without the victims complaint the cps wouldn't run it as a victimless prosecution.

I recall people not wanting bissouma who was being investigated because his mate felt a girls arse in a night club, so I would imagine the percentage of fans in the uk wanting greenwood to play for them is less than 1%.

13 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47swuutfqar40j4gvbzo

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Bingo.

Go listen, then suggest he transfers to literally any club anywhere ever.  The guy is a **** scumbag.

• Like 1