Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

12 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

If I was a betting man, I'd bet that we all know somewhere between very little and absolutely nothing.

Did I open the wrong door and enter the Epistemology Seminar Room? Oh, pardon me ...

6 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

hope we are also looking at Iván Fresneda from Valladolid

I'd love that, from the limited I've seen. Mundo Deportivo have linked us with another right back though, Thomas Meunier, who we were linked with years back. Dont know if there's any truth in it though.

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Did I open the wrong door and enter the Epistemology Seminar Room? Oh, pardon me ...

I'm just trying to say that we all know the square root of nothing, so no need for anyone to get their knickers in a twist.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Different midfielders. He’s played more of an attacking midfielder and can play wide right. Tielemans is mostly a centre midfield. Both can play different positions but aren't the same. 

I actually wonder if Ramsey ending the season brilliantly has shifted our thinking a little.

In January he was just coming back from injury so need for a Guendouzi type was greater hence the interest but timing not right.

Of course with Ramsey in under 21 euros he's not going to have much of a rest so expecting a 55-60 match season next year is a bit optimstic but he's someone I think Emery will continue to pick in our games v top half teams home and away given he can drift inside when out of possession and he became a good goal threat in the final months.

Let's be honest Kamara, Luiz, Tielemans, Ramsey, McGinn and Dendoncker is a pretty decent set of CMs already. That's without either Tim or Aaron Ramsey coming into the group aswell so I think we'd be fine going with that group up to January.

Transfer business that defines us this summer is who we sign in the final third and also if we can sign a top defender like Pau Torres.

2 hours ago, gaz90 said:

I'm not sure how much he knows (if anything). Equally, I'm not sure how much you or anyone else on this board knows. If I was a betting man, I'd bet that we all know somewhere between very little and absolutely nothing.

So let's deal in facts. The domestic window has been open for 8 days and we've signed 1 player from Leicester City. The international window isn't open for another 9 days and we've understandably signed zero players from abroad. We've therefore signed the joint-fourth or fifth (depending on what you read) most players out of all Premier League clubs, including the likes of Luton, Everton and West Ham, all of which need signings much more than us. That also includes the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal, who are arguably closer to where we want to be.

Chances are we'll never know the full facts of what happens in this window or most other windows, so the most sensible approach, and the least irritating one for others, is to hold off with the panic until much closer to the end of the window, when it's probably a bit more warranted.

looks as though newcastle have agreed a deal fo trhat italian player  so nothing stopping us  agreeing deals befiore internaional window opens

27 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I think we'll see 4 in:

Reserve gk

CB or a RB (not both)

CM (tielemans)

A forward/winger/SS

Four seems high. Reckon we will get one more, two at a push. Hopefully someone who can play out wide, and maybe someone who can play RB/CB if needed. 

I actually think it will be a relatively quiet window for all teams, except Chelsea and Newcastle, because they are rediculous. Arsenal have been busy but I get the impression they think they are  close to winning the league and competing properly. The newcomers might need to invest a bit but might find it tough.. 

Edited by Tayls

19 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

looks as though newcastle have agreed a deal fo trhat italian player  so nothing stopping us  agreeing deals befiore internaional window opens

Go support Newcastle then. 

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

👀

What?!!!

please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true 

one of my fave players!

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

What?!!!

please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true 

one of my fave players!

Who said no.

Probably no sky 6 no interest