Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Also give us the option of playing Ming at leftback

No issues with the rest of your post but just pointing out Mings has said he can’t play left back any more - his body doesn’t suit it and he blames it for the injury problems earlier in his career. So I don’t think we will ever see this option.

• Like 1

I’d taken Rodrigo Moreno - 2 year contract which will allow us to send Duran on loan (maybe to Victoria). 

Watkins, Moreno and Archer as our three strikers next year. 

Can spend big then on the support striker/winger position that Bailey has been playing - I really wouldn’t mind Maddison if I’m honest . . . 

Previously linked, I just don’t think he’s the kind of player Unai would want in that RB role in our current system, more of an attacking player who could be utilised further forward? Would expect him to be linked with clubs like PSG 🙄 too…

Rodrigo would be a decent signing if his wages are reasonable. Would be a huge show of faith in Watkins too.

Arthur is finished, although Im not sure he ever even started - never particularly rated him. Injury prone, and no idea where he'd fit into our midfield

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Davis?? God no

Then what? Who would come as a second or a third option? As we’ve done when gett Traore back last season, just keep Archer and give him proper game time, while having Davis as a third choice until January. No one would buy him, if he avoided injuries (which is very doubtful) he could be a useful squad player.

55 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

I really wouldn’t mind Maddison if I’m honest . . . 

He has patchy form not just this season. Goes missing in games often and is Villa hating Coventry boy so wouldn't want to sign for us and I don't want him so hope Newcastle or Spurs spunk loads of money on him

Edited by Kiwivillan

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He has patchy form not just this season. Goes missing in games often and is Villa hating Coventry boy so wouldn't want to sign for us and I don't want him so hope Newcastle or Spurs spunk loads of money on him

Patchy? These are his combined goal contributions for the last 3 years 

22/23 - 19

21/22 - 30

20/21 - 21

If that’s patchy, I’ll take patchy! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Then what? Who would come as a second or a third option? As we’ve done when gett Traore back last season, just keep Archer and give him proper game time, while having Davis as a third choice until January. No one would buy him, if he avoided injuries (which is very doubtful) he could be a useful squad player.

He couldn’t, he wasn’t good enough for us when we were fighting off relegation, he’s definitely not good enough now. You previously mentioned Rodrigo, I’m not really a fan of his, but at the reported £3m, he’d be a massive upgrade on playing Davis (he managed 13 goals last season in prem). But I’m sure Emery will have options lined up and we’ll have much better signings.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

That would suggest north of £40m if true?

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't know much about Brennan Johnson, however have seen rave reviews about him.

The fact that Brentford seem to be after him as well is a good indicator for me.

Same here JV. He can play both wide and central attacking roles.

Morgan Gibbs-White is another from Forest who interests me, more of a central AM though.

As you say, the fact Brentford being interested in the former is also a good indication that it wouldn't be a bad signing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Is there anyone you do want? You write off almost every link to every player. 😂

Barnes and Maddison isn't every player. Stop exaggerating

There was tweet with +60 players we've been linked to since January probably 99% click bait or agent putting players in shop window. I find it tedious

Edited by Kiwivillan