Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

re the Tyler Adams links.

He's not a sexy name, but he is a very good player, would also be a good way in to the Amerika-ka market.

Depends on the price i guess, but he's defo an all action midfielder, quick and pretty technical, i would take him for a reasonable price tbh.

Worth noting that any remnants of form Leeds had, went completely down the drain when Adams got injured.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Love this film. We need to do some exposition, let's get into the jacuzzi.

Excuse me! She does her best thinking there. With her norks out. 

Edited by Wezbid

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

He's not a sexy name, but he is a very good player, would also be a good way in to the Amerika-ka market.

Depends on the price i guess, but he's defo an all action midfielder, quick and pretty technical, i would take him for a reasonable price tbh.

Worth noting that any remnants of form Leeds had, went completely down the drain when Adams got injured.

As an American, I want none of the Leeds yanks.   

• Adams - Works hard, has a good character, but is a Championship level footballer. 
  • Aaronson - Works hard, has a lot of flash, but is only a good enough starter for a club in the bottom half of the table. 
  • McKennie - Lazy, has a terrible entourage of friends/family/hangers on who regularly trash his club/teammates on social media, more talent than the other two when things go well at the club.
  • Like 3

Genuine question. What is the actual legal justification or purpose for the transfer window?

Like why is it not allowed for a club to sign a player on June 12th, but June 13th is fine? What's the logic there? Genuinely curious, I don't get it.

I understand during playing season it gives big clubs an unfair advantage, but wtf does it matter once the league season is over?

Our team relegated as one of the worst Premier League sides ever and probably one of the worst English top flight sides ever, included the likes of Idrissa Gueye, Jordan Amavi, Adama Traore, Jordan Ayew, Jordan Vertout, and Jack Grealish, all those went on to do pretty well 🤨 That said we always get linked to relegated players and fans often speculate on the subject but having a quick look it seems last relegated player we signed was Albert Adomah and we ourselves had also been rele'd 🥲 I think Stewart Downing might be the last player we signed relegated from Premier League whilst we ourselves were a Prem club 🍪🥛🛌

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This transfer window is pivotal if we want to keep progressing.

Can we land that "Bigger name" that will improve us and increase our chances of getting more bigger name players.

This window has to be our best chance over previous years.

I feel its the reward our owners deserve for all their efforts since buying us and will give the clubs profile a much needed boost into the future.  

17 hours ago, TRO said:

As an analogy........

its like in the old days when folk emigrated to Australia, but kept their house in the UK. The problem with that is, there is no real commitment to making it work.....The "get out of jail" card is too easily played at the first sign of adversity.

These players are either in or not really/sort of/kind of in.

Again, I’m not disagreeing with your initial point, but you’re talking about something permanent versus taking 3-4 days to think about something. It’s like in the old days when folks emigrated to Australia but took a week to sell their house while they made sure it was the right move…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Absolutely zero Americans will pay more or less attention to Villa as a result of signing one of the lads who failed at Leeds. If we should sign him for his ability that’s ok, but it isn’t a marketing play.

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

Genuine question. What is the actual legal justification or purpose for the transfer window?

Like why is it not allowed for a club to sign a player on June 12th, but June 13th is fine? What's the logic there? Genuinely curious, I don't get it.

I understand during playing season it gives big clubs an unfair advantage, but wtf does it matter once the league season is over?

My understanding....

In theory you can sign a player any day of the year but you can only transfer their registration via FIFA in the agreed windows

Why that window starts the 14th I haven't got a clue

Edit - I'm sure most football contracts run until 1st July so that would make a more logical date

Edited by villa4europe

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My understanding....

In theory you can sign a player any day of the year but you can only transfer their registration via FIFA in the agreed windows

Why that window starts the 14th I haven't got a clue

Edit - I'm sure most football contracts run until 1st July so that would make a more logical date

Yes. Brighton signing done couple months ago but not official until June 10th

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

I don’t know, maybe a welfare thing, everyone in football seems to decamp on holiday for the same couple of weeks, like factory fortnight. Maybe it’s to allow for players and staff to have an uninterrupted break, or maybe some financial accounting reason, not sure.

I am confused by MacAllister signing for Liverpool before the window opens, he’s not a free agent. I get it suits all parties but not sure under what circumstances that can happen. 
Also didn’t realise that the international window didn’t open until July 1st so overseas players can’t be brought in before then.

Also strange that it carries on after the start of the season. 

• Thanks 1