Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

As it’s so quiet this morning….

perhaps we should play a little game…..

you can sell who you like for their transfermarkt value and buy who you want for their transfermarkt value….

you have 150m as a net spend 

Just now, paul514 said:

As it’s so quiet this morning….

perhaps we should play a little game…..

you can sell who you like for their transfermarkt value and buy who you want for their transfermarkt value….

you have 150m as a net spend 

You think this thread is a game?! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Okay, Woody.

We're here if you change your mind.

X

Spank...I mean speak for yourself, there, bud.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

I suggested this guy a while back. Think he would be a great signing! 

Please tell us more…I can’t recall many details but I’m sure he has done some great business and is so highly rated. PSG pursued him for quite a while? Built a strong and successful Sevilla side?

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Please tell us more…I can’t recall many details but I’m sure he has done some great business and is so highly rated. PSG pursued him for quite a while? Built a strong and successful Sevilla side?

I haven't followed his career but did a Google search to see his successes and failures. 

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Monchi was a catastrophic failure at Roma.  Words can't describe how horrific he was in his 2 years there.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emmetgates/2023/05/31/monchi-at-roma-the-downfall-of-the-messi-of-recruitment/?sh=6ff81e86a3c9

That said, he was fantastic working with Emery at Sevilla.  

Oh dear… well, his relationship with Emery (and Unai’s influence) should hopefully ensure he does a lot better here and he can make good use of our resources, if we manage to appoint him. As long as Unai has the final say…

There are always so many factors regarding how successful or not someone can be in such a role… that article indicates a lack of patience and understanding perhaps, or maybe he just wasn’t suited to that environment?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I haven't followed his career but did a Google search to see his successes and failures. 

Could help us sign some proper South American starlets…

I’d really like this to happen…

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Monchi was a catastrophic failure at Roma.  Words can't describe how horrific he was in his 2 years there.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emmetgates/2023/05/31/monchi-at-roma-the-downfall-of-the-messi-of-recruitment/?sh=6ff81e86a3c9

That said, he was fantastic working with Emery at Sevilla.  

Seems like people expected the world from him really quickly after virtually every key player in that side was sold. Even with all the mitigating factors, that 18/19 season is indefensible: and it seems he knows it..

Sevilla have been relatively poor this season as well, which seems to be the reason why Monchi is seemingly leaving. They were fighting relegation for the first half of the season but have reverted back to European-level form since the new year: and of course reached another Europa League final.

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

8 more Wednesdays to go till we kick off again - we could do with another 8 players - let's go Lange!

or Monchi, if he comes.

I've liked this player for a while, I'd assumed he'd be going somewhere we had no chance of intercepting - Liverpool, Bayern etc considering he's available on  a Free...

But if he's going to Roma, we should absolutely be all over trying to bring him here instead. Unless he had a disastrous season this year - he was one of the best young CBs in Europe last season and has 150 appearances at 23 - very good for a CB

Edited by HalfTimePost