Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Not convinced by Asensio, his stats are nice but he basically plays a bit part role at Real Madrid and mostly comes off the bench. (15 starts, 15 sub appearances, 6 bench non starts).

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

fingers crossed and stuff, but i hope we do manage to get a few big signings through the door, rather than end up being rejected by our top targets....and ending up with something else/substandard....

33 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Isn't he available on a free transfer?! That would mean we have offered him 800k a month!

Yeah 200,000 per week isn't mental in the PL for top players.

Having said that, we may be " rejected " by a few of our first choices this summer, what heartening though, is these things show the bracket/level we are trying to shop and compete in.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah 200,000 per week isn't mental in the PL for top players.

Having said that, we may be " rejected " by a few of our first choices this summer, what heartening though, is these things show the bracket/level we are trying to shop and compete in.

Been rejected by a few now, are we aiming too big too soon? Maybe we need a few seasons in Europa and close top 4 pushes before the likes of Asensio/Joao Felix will come here.

Just now, duke313 said:

Been rejected by a few now, are we aiming too big too soon? Maybe we need a few seasons in Europa and close top 4 pushes before the likes of Asensio/Joao Felix will come here.

This is all just speculation to be fair.

We really don't know anything till the club tells us.

Bare in mind, alot of it is bullsh*t.

• Thanks 1

Maybe we can try for Colwill and at least bump the price up that Brighton have to pay for him. Seems happy enough to tweet he's having a brilliant evening as his parent club are getting smashed 😅... So would assume he's moving permanently from them this summer

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Maybe we can try for Colwill and at least bump the price up that Brighton have to pay for him. Seems happy enough to tweet he's having a brilliant evening as his parent club are getting smashed 😅... So would assume he's moving permanently from them this summer

Chelsea have already said he's not for sale.

43 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Not convinced by Asensio, his stats are nice but he basically plays a bit part role at Real Madrid and mostly comes off the bench. (15 starts, 15 sub appearances, 6 bench non starts).

We'd be doing well to sign someone who could manage better than that for the current holders of the Champions League.

Does anyone reckon the club are going to be seriously frustrated by the transfer window like we were back in January. I do wonder if we are setting sights on the wrong types at the moment, we should be looking for gems that are far less known - such as with Brighton with their South American scouting network. I really really do not want to keep seeing that we have been rejected as we go through the summer. 

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Does anyone reckon the club are going to be seriously frustrated by the transfer window like we were back in January. I do wonder if we are setting sights on the wrong types at the moment, we should be looking for gems that are far less known - such as with Brighton with their South American scouting network. I really really do not want to keep seeing that we have been rejected as we go through the summer. 

Does being rejected according sources that made the link up in the first place really bother you? How many years of NSWE conducting business under the radar will it take to realize most links are bollocks? Delphinho123 did post about what 4 players would people like out of the ones linked and the list was +20 players I think. Would not be surprised if vast majority just made up links

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

fingers crossed and stuff, but i hope we do manage to get a few big signings through the door, rather than end up being rejected by our top targets....and ending up with something else/substandard....

think that will happen

38 minutes ago, Tayls said:

We have to mix it up, for example players with potential serious talent and current performers playing in the top league , also you have no idea who were actually looking at so you cant blame the club and its a 3 month window rather than a 30 day one like in Jan so no cause for panic 🙂

Edited by RicRic

38 minutes ago, Tayls said:

We'll do both and every time somebody randomly links us to a player, they'll inevitably also tell us that player rejected us when we don't sign them.

Not all links are true, and nor are all rejections.

We'll have to get used to the players we are linked to being a higher quality and drawing more press attention though.

There's certainly no point in getting frustrated 3 weeks before the window even opens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

I expect more fans to be frustrated than the club will be, considering we have a transfer speculation thread for fookin' Messi open right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like Asensio, but we can't be giving out those kind of wages at this stage of our project. £125k per week should be our maximum, in all reality, £150k for a really special player.

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

I like Asensio, but we can't be giving out those kind of wages at this stage of our project. £125k per week should be our maximum, in all reality, £150k for a really special player.

Will “really special players” be swayed by 150k thiugh? Unless you’re talking about young talent sitting on 50k or less?