Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Zero chance we offered him anything - agent is attaching our name and others to get his client a new deal.

Its a Speculation Thread. You are not going to have a peaceful summer playing down every link in here 😝

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Luiz and Buendia have 5 goals? What reality have I been trapped in since August :(

Buendia has 4 goals in 2023 and Luiz has 3 in 2023

His other 2 were direct from corners when it was our main attacking threat under the clown

13 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Fulham can't upgrade on Mitrovic, Brentford can't upgrade on Toney, Man Utd need a new forward but also Rashford has been amazing this season, as has Watkins for us. 

Think this proves the opposite for me, we're defensively sound but we need more goals from midfield. I never believe anyone other than Ramsey or a random player from a set piece will come up with a goal.

Luiz has one goal?

Has Kamara scored at all?

McGinn one goal?

Can't remember Buendia scoring other than that flick on header.

Emery is actively telling (half jokingly it seems) that he'll drop defenders if they don't start scoring more from set plays. 

Moreno is one of our main outlets since January I don't think he's scored either?

Stats are a couple of posts before yours 

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Since Emery first game 

Screenshot_20230509_083322_Chrome.jpg

Still scored less then all the teams above us. 

I know what I have seen. For the most part since Emery took over we haven't really created a lot. Almost every good chance we create has come from counter attacking. 

We struggle against low blocks, and that has been the case since we returned to the premier league. This is why I expect 2 wide forwards and a right midfielder.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Still scored less then all the teams above us. 

I know what I have seen. For the most part since Emery took over we haven't really created a lot. Almost every good chance we create has come from counter attacking. 

We struggle against low blocks, and that has been the case since we returned to the premier league. This is why I expect 2 wide forwards and a right midfielder.

Scored more than United 

• Like 1

I would try get youri tielesman from leicester i personally think if we get in there early enough and willing to pay him a goid wage we can get him.

Newcastle will get maddison so that opens the possibility of him.

Can see rice going arsenal so could see them out of it. Only other club i could see in pl going for him would be spurs. Cabt city liverpool arsenal or utd wanting him

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would try get youri tielesman from leicester i personally think if we get in there early enough and willing to pay him a goid wage we can get him.

Can see rice going arsenal so could see them out of it. Only other club i could see in pl going for him would be spurs. Cabt city liverpool arsenal or utd wanting him

Not sure I want him either, living off his reputation from a few years back.  While a good player and young, I’m not sure he improves us or better than what we have and would want a big wage, I’m not seeing the benefit of bringing him in.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not sure I want him either, living off his reputation from a few years back.  While a good player and young, I’m not sure he improves us or better than what we have and would want a big wage, I’m not seeing the benefit of bringing him in.

He is not benefiting under a good manager. Imagine what emery could do with him? I think he could be brilliant for us. 

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He is not benefiting under a good manager. Imagine what emery could do with him? I think he could be brilliant for us. 

Hmmm maybe

21 hours ago, MaVilla said:

very tidy player, although not for 60m.......

Pity we didnt buy him in the summer for 17m, would have been great for us tbh.

(edit: just realised the original source was Football Insider - so clearly a non story).

60M for a 27 year old with 1 good season in PL

This is nuts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure he improves us tbh. Think he is living off a couple of good seasons couple of years ago. Doesn't start ahead of Kamara/Luiz and not sure he fits what we need in the two wide positions. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

A wide forward to replace Baily/Bert has to be top of the shopping list this summer, those two are nowhere near the standard we need.

And not just the one either. Back up is essential in that particular position so we'll need to replace both.

It's a shame Bailey hasn't worked out and I love Bert, but I agree neither are the standard we need if we're to push on... not even as bench options.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

£30m Euro for Pau Torres would be a coup for sure. Usual caveats, obviously. 

I can't imagine we'd be the only ones in for him at that price point. United, Arsenal, Newcastle, an CL team really that needs a defender.

• Like 1