Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, John said:

Why? They haven't done as much for me, as some of the players that a lot of us seem willing to let go of. 

It does doesn't it? Everything Must Go Stock Illustrations – 54 Everything Must Go Stock  Illustrations, Vectors & Clipart - Dreamstime ;)

Just cant srd coutinho baikey and traore being sold in one window

39 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It should be the backup and fringe players we move on this summer and upgrading with real quality where possible.

In turn it puts our current first team main crop into the backup/squad rotation.

I don't think we should be even suggesting selling players like McGinn, Luiz etc. Improve on them though, yes.

That was the point I was making but the guy clearly didn't bother to read my post. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Merino would be the dream box-to-box midfielder signing this summer, even more so than Guendouzi.  He's tall, physically imposing, has elite passing ability, great work rate and defensive prowess, Prem/England experience, and years of consistent good performances in La Liga.  Would be a massive upgrade on both McGinn and JJ in the more forward of the central midfielder roles and can also play Dougie's deeper, more creative role too.  Although it looks likely that La Real will make the Champion's League next season, Merino is reportedly only on £40k/week, so I think he would be a realistic big money target for us this summer if we wanted him.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I don't think he's that good tbh. Brighton want him anyway so that will be a more attractive move for someone based in London.

But he worked well under Emery before so I’d say that would be more attractive to him 

Watkins has done extremely well under Emery, no doubting that, but i also doubt he is the striker that will help take us to the next level, i fully expect a striker to come in this summer.

tbh we could prob also do with 4-5 other positions too, will be interesting to see what/who we bring in.

• Like 1

I think Jonathan David is an interesting one as he’s obviously available but he’s not a sexy name like Osimhen or Ramos. 

He’s good at what he does though and would be a good fit for an Emery team I think. 

I’d like us to go for an up and coming though, someone like Openda or Wahi to support Watkins alongside Archer. 

5 minutes ago, robby b said:

Harvey Barnes for one of the winger positions, if Leicester.go down?

We don’t really play with wingers and not sure he’s of the right quality to take us to the next level 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We don’t really play with wingers and not sure he’s of the right quality to take us to the next level 

I haven't seen him play much at all so was curious. His goal against us was amazing though.

We don't really have quality proper wingers at the moment but if we did we might play with wingers. Moreno could still bomb forward at times and there could be overlaps.

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Quite a big rebuild that 3 attacking players and maybe a striker coming in. Dont see it personally 

Courtinho - Clearly hasn't got it at this level anymore and it was a massive mistake to have signed him after his loan.

Traoré - A good impact sub on occasions but there is better out there that can offer more than just a 45 minute cameo.

Bailey - A confidence player and he would be the one out of the trio has more chance of staying but on a more squad rotated basis. He might possibly seek a move away given he will want to play more first team football.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Courtinho - Clearly hasn't got it at this level anymore and it was a massive mistake to have signed him after his loan.

Traoré - A good impact sub on occasions but there is better out there that can offer more than just a 45 minute cameo.

Bailey - A confidence player and he would be the one out of the trio has more chance of staying but on a more squad rotated basis. He might possibly seek a move away given he will want to play more first team football.

I can see them all moving on, I agree about Bailey being the one that may stick around but he’s on 100k a week so we might look to get shot. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, robby b said:

Harvey Barnes for one of the winger positions, if Leicester.go down?

He generally scores v us and then does nothing for the next four games so get the feeling he'd be another Alan Thompson/Curcic type that have previously looked good for relegation teams but then can't step up for whatever reason.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Harvey Barnes only plays well against us so he can get to ****.

The rumoured Pedro Goncalves is the better player with consistent goals and assists for the last three seasons. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, burchy said:

The rumoured Pedro Goncalves is the better player with consistent goals and assists for the last three seasons. 

In the Portuguese league, which is a much lower level. It's not really possible to say if he's better or not yet as there is no fair comparison for a reference point - Barnes has been playing at a basketcase of a club for a while too.