Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

5 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

@SecretVillaScout mentioned in the LKI thread that he dosen't have to do the 2 years of service as he has been in spain since 2011, is only 21 and presumably has therefore spent enough time abroad to be exempt

That's not correct...  Unless he renounces his South Korean citizenship all together, he needs to do it still.  Napoli's star CB Kim Min-Jae won gold at the Asian games in 2018 and still has to complete his reduced 3 weeks of military service this summer.  LKI, on the other hand, is not exempt...

Here is a recent article specifically about the two of them from an English Korean news source:

https://korea.postsen.com/sports/150294/Kim-Min-jae-and-Lee-Kang-in’s-transfer-the-military-determines…-Military-service-as-a-negotiation-variable.html

• Like 1

Not fancy but Adrian (Liverpool goalkeeper) - on a free as a backup to Martinez? 

I don't think we should spend money on a backup goalkeeper, but I would like us to look at Alban LaFont. Just don't deem it necessary atm and a experienced keeper who's also Spanish, as a short term option doesn't seem to bad... 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

Not fancy but Adrian (Liverpool goalkeeper) - on a free as a backup to Martinez? 

I don't think we should spend money on a backup goalkeeper, but I would like us to look at Alban LaFont. Just don't deem it necessary atm and a experienced keeper who's also Spanish, as a short term option doesn't seem to bad... 

Adrian’s distribution is shambolic. Remember how many goals he gave us in that 7-2 game?

No chance LaFont would come to be a backup, IMO. It would kill his career. He‘ll probably be off to be a starter for an Italian or Spanish mid table side next in his career. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trillvillan said:

David Soria will be our backup keeper, he’s also on a free. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Adrian’s distribution is shambolic. Remember how many goals he gave us in that 7-2 game?

No chance LaFont would come to be a backup, IMO. It would kill his career. He‘ll probably be off to be a starter for an Italian or Spanish mid table side next in his career. 

1 game doesn't define a player. Its on a free and it wouldn't do much harm to us as we can get by with another year. I just don't want to see Olsen EVER again play for us. 

I love Martinez - but at what point do you question we can sorta cash in big on him and he personally wants a different challenge? If he wants to stay like he has mentioned in interviews, great! But I think we sorta need to be looking at a replacement for Martinez "soon-ish", and LaFont would be a brilliant young keeper when the time comes. I don't think we're in the luxury yet to sign him and loan him out. Like you said - it would stifle his career if he sits on the bench consistently. But what if we did something similar to how West Ham does with Areola/Fabianski? I would also think Martinez is the type to want to play every game and it wouldnt necessarily work. 

1 hour ago, trillvillan said:

1 game doesn't define a player. Its on a free and it wouldn't do much harm to us as we can get by with another year. I just don't want to see Olsen EVER again play for us. 

I love Martinez - but at what point do you question we can sorta cash in big on him and he personally wants a different challenge? If he wants to stay like he has mentioned in interviews, great! But I think we sorta need to be looking at a replacement for Martinez "soon-ish", and LaFont would be a brilliant young keeper when the time comes. I don't think we're in the luxury yet to sign him and loan him out. Like you said - it would stifle his career if he sits on the bench consistently. But what if we did something similar to how West Ham does with Areola/Fabianski? I would also think Martinez is the type to want to play every game and it wouldnt necessarily work. 

Olsen is better than Adrian. Guy is Liverpools 3rd choice keeper behind the poor Kelleher and his distribution is dreadful. He has only made the bench about 5 times this season for Liverpool

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alexvilla4 said:

Whilst I am definitely ambitious and want us to finish as high as possible I really like pretty much all of the players we have and don't want them to be replaced/pushed down the pecking order next year. E.g Pau Torres looks an amazing player but I don't know how I would feel if he replaced Mings or if we brought in a shiny new player to replace Watkins. 

Maybe im being stupid or a bit sentimental, but Emery has done a fantastic job improving the players we have and I think they have another level to go further so I hope we only add 2/3 Moreno type players in that are under the radar signings that improve us a bit further each time. 

If we don’t renew the squad on a regular basis the quality will drop over time. Players gets more comfortable if there is no competition for place, and performance drop + they gets older.

I expect us to play more games next season, I would think we will do better in the cups and maybe even be in Europe. At the moment our squad is at the bare minimum. If we can get 1-2 youngsters in + sign 3-4 that will complete for the starting 11, we would be better prepared for next season.

Never be content with status quo, we should always look to improve. Everybody around us will try to improve, if we don’t do the same we will be less successful next season.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villa89 said:

We'll get a summer of endless links to random Barcelona squad players and youth teamers now. I can already see the ChatGPT generated headlines.

Fantastic. Bring it on :flag:

• Like 1

So the speculation is saying big three that alemany wants is kessie christensen and williams.

I dont see all three happening but if we got them three that elevates us to next level i think

Edited by Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So the speculation is saying big three that alemany wants is kessie christensen and williams.

I dont see all three happening but if we got them three that elevates us to next level i think

I think you are probably correct but what is going on now is cause for us to re-evaluate our (realistic) expectations.

Edited by PerryBarrPet
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Franck Kessié would be a fantastic signing especially if Kamara is going to miss games.

Yes but what do you think of them playing together?

8 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Ok.....but judging by the amount of games being missed, it might no be too often.

It's testament to the job Emery's doing that it's actually tricky to see where we most need new recruits at the moment. I would have said CB, but we've been solid recently. I would have said wingers, but we've played well using full backs (ok mainly Moreno) for width. I would have said striker in case Ollie gets injured, but he seems fantastic until anyone threatens his place, and seems to be made of titanium. Maybe RB is our greatest need? 

29 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

I think El Presidente and his VP Boubs would dominate most games.

I don't think it would be a good idea to pay Kessie what he's earning at Barcelona though.

• Like 1