Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

It’s either that or a loan to a PL club he has proved himself in the championship now and if we buy some expensive striker he is never going to get the chance here 

Or we sell him instead of wasting his career.

Listen, I really like Archer but I want the best for him and if that is at another club so be it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not saying emulate im saying if he is good enough them for them than we shouldnt be turning our noses up if the price is right.

If the going rate for him is 70m thers is noway we should be pursuing that deal

And just to confirm i actualky agree with united have invested money very poorly. Honestly without bruno i think they would be midtable

Tbh I don't trust their judgement. They might think he's good enough for them, but they also thought Wout Weghorst was and that Antony was worth 90m etc. 

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'd sell Archer for the right price and have a buy back in 2 years ala Luiz and City

I'd be very open to it as well.

Of course I want him to be a Villa player but not at any cost. Not if it means rotting on the bench and wasting his development and career.

Archer ain't replacing Watkins and a cup game every now and then really isn't gonan do anything for him.

He is at an age where he needs to have regular gametime to keep develop.

Edited by Pinebro

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'd sell Archer for the right price and have a buy back in 2 years ala Luiz and City

Buy backs dont work unless your an elite club

22 minutes ago, burchy said:

I think there’s a bit of a gap in our defence at the moment as Mings and Carlos are both 30, Konsa is 25.

Feeney and the other kids are some way off the first team so I’d like us to go for a couple of 20-23 year old players that can bridge the gap a bit. 

I’ve already mentioned Inacio as the young lefty to provide Mings cover but I think the RB/CB should also provide cover at CBR too, someone like Timber, Antonio Silva or Geertruida would be good options although Timber would be expensive, as would A. Silva.

Get these in and we’d be set defensively for a number of years whilst the promising youngsters develop. 

We were linked with Anel Ahmedhodzic of Sheff Utd in the past, is 23 so would fit that younger CB bracket.

• Like 1

£25m for Archer with a buyback of say, £40m would be a decent deal, no? 

I just think he may be a saleable asset which can significantly aid our FFP. I know some will disagree as well, but I actually think Archer and Iroegbunam may be better prospects. 

54 minutes ago, paul514 said:

A third striker doesn’t play games 

UE has said that he's after one and I think that we need more than one option off the bench. I suspect a third forward would get games, there may be occasions where UE would like to have the option of playing two from the start and where he didn't the forwards that didn't start, would get periods off the bench. If we qualify for Europe, even more so. 

Edited by John

29 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I'd be very open to it as well.

Of course I want him to be a Villa player but not at any cost. Not if it means rotting on the bench and wasting his development and career.

Archer ain't replacing Watkins and a cup game every now and then really isn't gonan do anything for him.

He is at an age where he needs to have regular gametime to keep develop.

If Emery is wanting to sign another Striker/Forward I imagine that player would limit Archers time. Then we'll likely have lots of options of combinations up top.

Duran might be worth loaning to Portugal for a season to develop. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

£25m for Archer with a buyback of say, £40m would be a decent deal, no? 

I just think he may be a saleable asset which can significantly aid our FFP. I know some will disagree as well, but I actually think Archer and Iroegbunam may be better prospects. 

If we are not going to use him yes, but I doubt we would be offered £25m for him and the buyback would perhaps have an impact on the fee. If we are not using him, I wouldn't say no to £15m with a £30m 3 - year buy back option, but I'm hoping that he will get next season to prove his worth with us. 

53 minutes ago, John said:

If we are not going to use him yes, but I doubt we would be offered £25m for him and the buyback would perhaps have an impact on the fee. If we are not using him, I wouldn't say no to £15m with a £30m 3 - year buy back option, but I'm hoping that he will get next season to prove his worth with us. 

The problem is, his value will be quite high at the end of the season. If he stays with us next season and doesn’t play much, then it will likely reduce. If we loan him to a PL club and it doesn’t go well then his value is also likely to reduce. At the moment there is a lot of value in the unknown potential of being able to do what he has done in the Championship, in the PL.

With this in mind, a sale with an agreed buy back is easily the best option. If he is successful, then we can execute the option but if he flops then we have maximised his sale price. All of the risk sits with the buying party. I think we would get at least £20m on this basis which will help us out with our more pressing needs this summer.

• Like 1

If Villa get Europe I think Archer will stay as he will most likely feature in them plus the cup games otherwise I expect him to be sold in the summer especially if Villa do sign another striker. 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Buy backs dont work unless your an elite club

dont know why people keep thinking its a realistic option, it rarely happens 

and in the context of luiz man city had the argument that they were forced to sell because of his work permit

in the context of villa and archer we show him out of the door because we dont think he's good enough and wont give him a fair chance but if he goes somewhere else and proves us wrong he'll jump at the chance to come straight back....to me its just not the real world, he'd tell us to **** off

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

dont know why people keep thinking its a realistic option, it rarely happens 

and in the context of luiz man city had the argument that they were forced to sell because of his work permit

in the context of villa and archer we show him out of the door because we dont think he's good enough and wont give him a fair chance but if he goes somewhere else and proves us wrong he'll jump at the chance to come straight back....to me its just not the real world, he'd tell us to **** off

Imagine we have a buy back clause and he hits 25 goals and its a choice between us and say Liverpool or United then he wont be coming back 

4 hours ago, John said:

UE has said that he's after one and I think that we need more than one option off the bench. I suspect a third forward would get games, there may be occasions where UE would like to have the option of playing two from the start and where he didn't the forwards that didn't start, would get periods off the bench. If we qualify for Europe, even more so. 

Can you name the big 6's third centre forward for me?

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Or we sell him instead of wasting his career.

Listen, I really like Archer but I want the best for him and if that is at another club so be it.

I mentioned prior, if this is the case, we need to ensure we insert a solid buyback and/or sell on clause.

It's rough but yeah you've got to think of the player to a certain extent.

On 01/05/2023 at 17:03, MaVilla said:

So who do we try to offload this summer?

Steer - Free, end of contract

Digne?

Troare?

Hause?

Davis?

Nakamba?

Sanson?

Wesley - pay off final year?

I know we will have to offload.....but that has to be tempered with;

• We have to have buyers, for our players....that has not been a major challenge for us to fend off bids, so far.
  • We are already a paper thin squad.

Ours / clubs thoughts should be dominated by in comings, not out goings.....Books/FFP have to be balanced, but so does squad depth too....January, was still not ideal, so we need remedy that in the Summer.....we can't be building a 40 ton bridge, to take 40 ton trucks.

We potentially have 3 more competitions to play in next season.....Our regular early exits from the 2 domestic cups, have us thinking, we are never in them.....that could very easily change, not being Prepared, could affect our League Standing.

With a more durable and capable team, we have to be "Prepared" for a more arduous season, as if the Premier League is not arduous enough, on its own.

This Summer, recruitment drive needs to be bold, ambitious and Formidable.

Chelsea, and Spurs, have inadvertently given us a chance to steal a march, we must not miss, that opportunity.....they will not be down, for long....we must capitalise.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, RichW said:

If Villa get Europe I think Archer will stay as he will most likely feature in them plus the cup games otherwise I expect him to be sold in the summer especially if Villa do sign another striker. 

I don't see anything in the squad, similar to Archer....so I don't see a problem keeping him.

but its all up to UE....he see's the big picture.