Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

🤣🤣🤣

This is peak VillaTalk...  No chance we get Dybala...  I mean 0% chance.  He's either going to stay at Mourinho's Roma revolution (especially if they win the Europa League this season) or go to Madrid/Barca.

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

🤣🤣🤣

This is peak VillaTalk...  No chance we get Dybala...  I mean 0% chance.  He's either going to stay at Mourinho's Roma revolution (especially if they win the Europa League this season) or go to Madrid/Barca.

I don't think it is as unlikely as you believe, those same clubs had the option to sign him when he went to Roma....

I have no idea what his personal situation is or if the clause is true but him signing for a top half club with ambition, nah that isn't out of the question.

15 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I don't think it is as unlikely as you believe, those same clubs had the option to sign him when he went to Roma....

I have no idea what his personal situation is or if the clause is true but him signing for a top half club with ambition, nah that isn't out of the question.

He came out yesterday and basically called Mourinho his father and said he's never been happier at a club than he has been at Roma this season...  But sure!  We stand a chance...

Let's go after Messi while we're at it!  He's friends with Emi, hasn't played in England before, and I'm sure would love to win a Premier League/Europa League title with Emery!  It's not as unlikely as you believe!  

6 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He came out yesterday and basically called Mourinho his father and said he's never been happier at a club than he has been at Roma this season...  But sure!  We stand a chance...

Let's go after Messi while we're at it!  He's friends with Emi, hasn't played in England before, and I'm sure would love to win a Premier League/Europa League title with Emery!  It's not as unlikely as you believe!  

You are making out like Dybala is one of the top players in the world, he isn't. he went on a free transfer last summer and Mourinho might be off in the summer anyway.

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

You are making out like Dybala is one of the top players in the world, he isn't. he went on a free transfer last summer and Mourinho might be off in the summer anyway.

I don't want to be insulting here, but do you even watch football?  He's consistently been one of the best players in Italy over the years when he's been fit.  He even won the Serie A Best Player award in 19/20, in addition to 4 Serie A Team of the Year inclusions over the years.  He went to Roma last summer specifically because of Mourinho when a lot of clubs were in for him.   It's like Villa signing Harry Kane on a free transfer because he's always wanted to work with Emery, then people saying he isn't THAT good because he went to Villa for a season.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

I don't want to be insulting here, but do you even watch football?  He's consistently been one of the best players in Italy over the years when he's been fit.  He even won the Serie A Best Player award in 19/20, in addition to 4 Serie A Team of the Year inclusions over the years.  He went to Roma last summer specifically because of Mourinho when a lot of clubs were in for him.   It's like Villa signing Harry Kane on a free transfer because he's always wanted to work with Emery, then people saying he isn't THAT good because he went to Villa for a season.  

He left Juventus as he fell out with the club, he has been injured a lot. The actual elite clubs didn’t want him.

you can’t be proven positive or negative as it is hypothetical, you’re adamant he is too big for Aston Villa….

im simply saying he isn’t too big for any top half premier league club, he isn’t as wanted as you believe.

if that 12 million euros is true he will be off in the summer if he is wanted at an elite club with wages to match.

• Sad 1

The Argentina squad are tight so if Agent Emi works his magic anything’s possible, even if it was Messi coming in to do a halftime keepie upper challenge with the Prince of Wales.

I’m sure if Dibu asked nicely he’d oblige. Villa’s a big club mate

• Like 1

Guendouzi's relationship with Marseille has really soured. Been benched last two games and seems like they both want to part ways now. Looks like the deal for wherever he'll go to will get wrapped up nice and quickly (and I doubt for the money they were asking in January...)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Guendouzi's relationship with Marseille has really soured. Been benched last two games and seems like they both want to part ways now. Looks like the deal for wherever he'll go to will get wrapped up nice and quickly (and I doubt for the money they were asking in January...)

That’s the kind of squad depth we could live with. 

45 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

I would like Guendouzi to join if the money is right, but if we're going to break the bank for a CM I would love us to go back in for Mikel Merino.  He's soooooo good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KMitch said:

🤣🤣🤣

Did you miss the other night where Messi was being discussed as a genuinely attainable target! 😂

If we had the choice of Lo Celso or Guendouzi, I'm backing the former. Guendouzi's form falling off a cliff is a massive negative for me, I don't understand why people are selling it as a benefit for us. Not the sort of mentality I want from a player, and kind of backs up what happened at Arsenal by the sounds of it. Not saying I'd be disappointed if we signed him, but out of the two I'd prefer Lo Celso.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

🤣🤣🤣

You should try telling his other half that pal. The move is on.

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Dybalas wages would be north of £200k I imagine.

Looks as though Guendouzi has fallen out with the Marseilles manager. Could be available for €20m apparently. Not sure if we’re still interested. 

Currently 73k euros a week according to Fabrizio Romano. Goes to 115k euros if they buy out his Italian-club release clause

On 20/08/2022 at 19:48, Tomaszk said:

João Pedro is the player we should be signing from them.

Great signing for our new divisional rivals. If we finish ahead of Brighton every year we'll be doing very very well.